Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Demistate View Post
    Mp3 and AAC can add an audio delay when encoding (by up to 24 frames!) Most video encoders that also encode the audio know the delay and will compensate for it, however encoding with separate applications is not recommended since you wont know the correct delay to trim or pad the audio file with for sync with the video.

If you're using AVIsynth with a DV file, I noticed every time I had any sort of still frame or null frame, I would loose sync with audio, so you may want to try and film "black" on your camera (lens cap on, then record) and place that behind any titles so that you don't have any non-moving parts of your video. Its just a limitation to the free encoder utilities.
    In my video I actually had a few short empty spots, to fade it to black (is that what you mean by null?) But I don't think it did anything because I exported the video lossless AVI and the audio lossless, then encoded both with megui and muxed them and got no desyncing issue, but when I uploaded that video to youtube I did get a desync issue (half a second, can barely tell but it bothers me lol)

( I can tell by downloading the youtube vid with a lil trick
    javascript:window.location.href = 'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + swfArgs['video_id'] + "&fmt=22" + "&l=" + swfArgs['l'] + "&sk=" + swfArgs['sk'] + '&t=' + swfArgs['t'];)
    when you paste that in the url it downloads the rencoded youtube video. (only in HD)

I also just tried encoding a .wmv in sony vegas of the video and audio, when it was done rendering the audio matched dead on again, but after upload to youtube and HD download it was out of sync by that (grr, half a second) again

Maybe it's like this with all youtube videos, I'm going to try to rerender the lossless with the wave in vegas, but this time include the audio and use the "interleave every frame" (I heard this supposedly keeps the audio on sync) and see if that works :S

edit// Oh and I'm not just comparing by audio tracks in vegas, I can actually see the out of sync parts I've had both videos up and kept playing at one part, when the scene changes the beat hits exactly, on the youtube download / stream page when the scene changes it waits for a bit of motion in the scene then shoots the beat

Oh, and I was wondering if youtube still had that 48khz issue

edit//

Argh, I don't even care anymore lol the out of sync isn't that bad, I measured it to 0.3 of a second in Vegas
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/785...9181544en4.jpg
    that's what it looks like

I tried
    making sure the audio and video was exactly same length by filling the end with blank audio, making sure no black spots in video
    interleaving the audio to the video
    encoding with WMV through vegas, h264 through vegas (both encoded audio with video)

all of them, the sync was perfect, but when uploaded to youtube it did sumfin to it L

maybe I should try vimeo out..
    Last edited by ayim; 02-13-2009 at 03:25 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ayim View Post
    In my video I actually had a few short empty spots, to fade it to black (is that what you mean by null?) But I don't think it did anything because I exported the video lossless AVI and the audio lossless, then encoded both with megui and muxed them and got no desyncing issue, but when I uploaded that video to youtube I did get a desync issue (half a second, can barely tell but it bothers me lol)

( I can tell by downloading the youtube vid with a lil trick
    javascript:window.location.href = 'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + swfArgs['video_id'] + "&fmt=22" + "&l=" + swfArgs['l'] + "&sk=" + swfArgs['sk'] + '&t=' + swfArgs['t'];)
    when you paste that in the url it downloads the rencoded youtube video. (only in HD)

I also just tried encoding a .wmv in sony vegas of the video and audio, when it was done rendering the audio matched dead on again, but after upload to youtube and HD download it was out of sync by that (grr, half a second) again

Maybe it's like this with all youtube videos, I'm going to try to rerender the lossless with the wave in vegas, but this time include the audio and use the "interleave every frame" (I heard this supposedly keeps the audio on sync) and see if that works :S

edit// Oh and I'm not just comparing by audio tracks in vegas, I can actually see the out of sync parts I've had both videos up and kept playing at one part, when the scene changes the beat hits exactly, on the youtube download / stream page when the scene changes it waits for a bit of motion in the scene then shoots the beat

Oh, and I was wondering if youtube still had that 48khz issue

edit//

Argh, I don't even care anymore lol the out of sync isn't that bad, I measured it to 0.3 of a second in Vegas
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/785...9181544en4.jpg
    that's what it looks like

I tried
    making sure the audio and video was exactly same length by filling the end with blank audio, making sure no black spots in video
    interleaving the audio to the video
    encoding with WMV through vegas, h264 through vegas (both encoded audio with video)

all of them, the sync was perfect, but when uploaded to youtube it did sumfin to it L

maybe I should try vimeo out..
    This sounds like a bug in Youtube's encoder. You might want to post on their forums about their encoders and the utilities you're using.
    Alexander Mejia, Creative Director at Human Interact

3. Collapse Details
    Hey guys. Nice thread here. Quick question though. Do you guys convert from avi to x264? How do you guys do that without losing quality. Thanks

4. Collapse Details
    Or if i edit in final cut (1080 24f ) XH-A1 how would i encode from there? Is importing the footage ProRes422 better? EIther way where do i go from there?
    Dillon Novak///Music Video Director & Editor

w: http://rsmcreative.com

5. Collapse Details
    I followed the instructions here using adobe premiere and something weird happens on my video when i watch in hd. Need help please!!

Heres the vid. Look at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q1r001vLeE&fmt=22

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by theillestmc12 View Post
    I followed the instructions here using adobe premiere and something weird happens on my video when i watch in hd. Need help please!!

Heres the vid. Look at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q1r001vLeE&fmt=22
    It looks like you have frame blending turned on the for clips. Are you doing anything with the speed? That will cause a blurry look to your video. In Adobe Premiere Pro, mouse2 a clip and make sure frame blending does not have a check mark next to it.

In my own expierence, frame blending should be turned off 90% of the time.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Novak View Post
    Or if i edit in final cut (1080 24f ) XH-A1 how would i encode from there? Is importing the footage ProRes422 better? EIther way where do i go from there?
    The easiest thing for you to do is to export your video out of Apple Compressor, following the settings in the first post.

You'll still have to deal with Quicktime Gamma shift. Unless you don't care if your footage looks washed out.
    Last edited by Demistate; 06-01-2010 at 12:47 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Demistate View Post

Higher quality later down the road (HD viewable in 4-12 hours):

• Frame size 1280x720 (Any bigger and it doesnt get the HD treatment)
    • x264 encoder (Use programs like Ripbot, Megui, or Handbrake to create these)
    • 2-pass encode
    • HIGH PROFILE @ level 5.1
    • Average bitrate as high as you can go without filesize over 1024mb
    • Audio AAC-LC, Surround sound (if you have a surround sound track) at 640KBPS or do a stereo track at 320 if that's all you have

It i don't see any of these options in compressor though.
    Dillon Novak///Music Video Director & Editor

w: http://rsmcreative.com

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Novak View Post
    It i don't see any of these options in compressor though.
    I don't have Apple Compressor in front of me but what you'll want to do is make sure you output h.264 video into a .mp4 file with aac audio.

Apple Compressor's settings should allow you to set things like bit rate, and high profile. Not everything will match over, but try to match as many settings as you can.

10. Collapse Details
    I used the settings for "Instant HD" but youtube still says Processing... not sure what's going on. could it be because i used VBR for the audio instead of ABR?

edit: after processing, the quality was rather s*%tty compared to the file uploaded by me.
    Last edited by ashr; 05-26-2009 at 02:47 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast