Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    No, though the cast & crew continually tried to scare the crap out of me, sometimes a little successfully, I might add.

In a nutshell, it's the 3rd floor of a decommissioned hospital, with the bottom two floors still used for clinic stuff, etc. All of their surgical, ICU, etc. has been moved to a brand new facility, this one having been built in the 60's. The section we were in was a NeoNatal (sp) facility, with four surgical rooms for infants, etc. all facing in towards each other (imagine standing in the center of a circle, with these doors surrounding you, each leading to a room that either saves your child, or they die in)...

So needless to say, there have been deaths, possibly a lot, I'm unsure, that have occurred over the years on this floor, and specifically in the room(s) we were working in ... to the extent that the security guards will NOT come up to this floor alone, as there have been too many incidents that have happened of sightings, objects moving with no one touching them, etc. We spoke to multiple guards, and they all had their own personal stories about it, and/or the ones they've heard.

One guard, the morning of our shoot, said he quit going up there about 2 years ago. His last time was when he had walked past all these doors, ensured they were locked, and simply went to the end of the hall to check another door. He walked past them again on his way back out, and all four doors were unlocked, and wide open. He never heard a sound, and he was the only person not only on the floor, but in the entire building at the time.

Okay, I'm offline for a while ... looking forward to updating this more soon, as well as working on a BTS montage video of the day!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Sanders View Post
    Yeah, this was clearly the script we had HOPED to shoot for TwilightFest, but since the subject had already dealt with the idea of loss, we got it approved for LossFest ... worked out perfectly, since actual production didn't start until after the 17th (took us forever to obtain the hospital location - WHICH, BTW, we found out is supposed to be haunted - this, of course, was AFTER we started setting up, lol).
    Great location find!

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

3. Collapse Details
    Norm,

The grabs look awesome and super intense! I can't wait to see this; I always enjoy your work

4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    One guard, the morning of our shoot, said he quit going up there about 2 years ago. His last time was when he had walked past all these doors, ensured they were locked, and simply went to the end of the hall to check another door. He walked past them again on his way back out, and all four doors were unlocked, and wide open. He never heard a sound, and he was the only person not only on the floor, but in the entire building at the time.

Okay, I'm offline for a while ... looking forward to updating this more soon, as well as working on a BTS montage video of the day!
    That sort of thing intrigues the s*%t out of me. If I were him, I'd get me a chair and sit up there and defy the ghosts to do something impressive. I attempted to do a sleepover on the third floor of the Victorian Mansion (where the lady died) but didnt get it to happen.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

5. Collapse Details
    Norm, grabs look good... can't wait to see the film.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

6. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    oh wow. can't believe i missed this thread. NIce job on the location and the shoot. The screen grabs look super. Can't wait to see this film.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

7. Collapse Details
    Updated the front page. Steven, I could only fit 9 images (will figure a fix later), so feel free to delete some of yours, if you want to from the 2nd page.

Oh, and thanks everyone. Like I've always said, "Surround yourself with people more talented than yourself", which I've been blessed enough to be able to do more than once, this time being no exception.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

8. Collapse Details
    This looks great! Can't wait to see it. I guess you'll get the prize for being the first to wrap. Awesome location.

Cheers!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    This looks great! Can't wait to see it. I guess you'll get the prize for being the first to wrap. Awesome location.

Cheers!
    Thanks. But, even if they were giving a prize out for it, I could never let us accept it ... we just lucked out that production hadn't began yet!
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*

10. Collapse Details
    (took us forever to obtain the hospital location - WHICH, BTW, we found out is supposed to be haunted - this, of course, was AFTER we started setting up, lol).
    Great screengrabs!

I had to laugh when I read this- we shot a short out here in Utah in a rehabilitation center on an unused floor. It was a fantastic location- but the staff had also told us that the upper floors were haunted.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast