Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The "I got my prizes" Thread
    Ok... in an effort to try to head potential problems off at the pass, here is some info for you.

I will begin sending out emails for those of you who won prizes for TwilightFest at the beginning of next week.

If within a couple of weeks, you don't start seeing prizes, you need to pm me or email me and let me know. Something invariably will happen where some folks won't get some of their prizes (shipped to the wrong address, email lost in the pipe, my negligence, lack of response from prize winner, etc.) I won't know if you don't tell me... So, tell me Don't wait two months and then wonder what happened. Don't not respond to repeated pm's and emails from myself and/or sponsors trying to get in touch with you, and then wonder what happened and say bad things about me

Once you start receiving your prizes, just post up here and say "I got x today. Still waiting for y, and z"...

Feel free to contact me after a couple of weeks if you haven't seen stuff start arriving at your door. Often times, once I send out the initial emails, that is the last I hear about it until someone tells me they didn't receive something. Things can and do go wrong. So, let's use this thread as a way to chart who has gotten their prizes, and I'll check back here from time to time to note when folks have received everything. This way everything will be transparent, and no one has to play the blame game or hate me for the wrong reasons

Anyways... so, give it a couple of weeks and then start letting me know. If you are international, might want to give it a little longer.

FEEL FREE to email me at advertising at dvxuser.com anytime to check up with me. I may not always get back to you immediately, but will do my best to stay on top of it.

It will help if you title the email exactly like this "PRIZES: TWILIGHT FEST". I will see it easier and can bump it into my prize folder.

Later,
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    Como's back. back again Robbie Comeau's Avatar
    I didn't get my RED camera Jason. Another week or so?

Robbie
    Rob Comeau - Film Director
    www.vimeo.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.youtube.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.facebook.com/robcomeaufilm
    Message me to check out my films!

3. Collapse Details
    Hey Jason,
    did you already send my copy of DV Rebels Guide before the fest, or will it be in the batch of the fest prizes?

Thanks again!
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

4. Collapse Details
    sorry. none of the early winners of books went out yet. I've been wrapped up with doing a play (and lots of other stuff), and I'm extremely broke at the moment so haven't shipped any of the books. first thing on the list at the top of next week though...

All the 10 or 12 folks that won the dv rebels guide should be looking for those over the next week or so. Book winners will be out ahead of the other prizes, b/c I have those here on my person and will be shipping them out of pocket.

Later,
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    and...

5. Collapse Details
    Man Jason you are one cool Mother Trucker... I am still amazed that you guys do so much for us. I mean I didn't win anything this time but just knowing you go out of your way and do this out of no real obligation is very touching man.
    Thanks man you are a ROCK STAR.

Pauly

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."

6. Collapse Details
    Ok... an update for you guys.

All emails have been sent to necessary sponsors. I still have the books and the varizoom lens adapter in my posession. Will ship soon. Just waiting on a little extra fundage to come in.

The DVeStore prizes are all going out today. I have tracking info for the manfrotto won by dvxuser member "Richie White". It just went out a few moments ago. Pm me if you would like that tracking number, Steve.

Cinevate prizes: the two winners of the stuff from cinevate should expect an email from Hubert or Dennis (very likely today) to make arrangements for you to receive your prizes. I provided them with the email address that you registered to dvxuser under.

Barry Green stuff, I have not contacted them. will do so shortly.

Everything else (besides the books and lens adapter I have here) the emails have gone out, and I am awaiting confirmation of receipt. Will post updates as I receive them.

You guys post up here as you begin to receive things.

Darkline... your lights are going out today from dvestore as well, but at 47 lbs. going to england, they will be quite expensive to ship. Also, I would expect it to take a little longer being an international shipment. They are going labeled as you requested in our recent pm conversations.

Later,
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    and...

7. Collapse Details
    have the tracking number for the winner of dv enlightenment dvd as well. pm me if you want it.

later,
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    and...

8. Collapse Details
    status update:
    All prizes donated by DVeStore have shipped. I have tracking numbers available upon request.

Cinevate has been in contact with the winners of their prizes. Steve, yours is going out today. Karl, yours will be going out within one week.

Indislider is going out on Monday from Indifocus.

Cinemek adapter is in process and Mike, you should be expecting to hear from Jonathan soon if you have not already.

I think that is the latest.

Later,
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    and...

9. Collapse Details
    Got my Manfrotto monopod today. Psyched!

Thanks Guy and Jason!

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the update jason, Ive been contacted by most of the sponsors directly so I think it's all moving now. I'll post again when I receive something :-)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast