Thread: Trigger Finger

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Trigger Finger
    "Nobody shoots that good. Nobody. Unless his trigger finger's got a mind of its own."

First draft done, just waiting on some feedback for a polish.

2. Collapse Details
    Sounds cool look forward to reading it...
    Pauly

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."

3. Collapse Details
    Uploaded. Man, I hope it doesn't suck!

4. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    Uploaded. Man, I hope it doesn't suck!
    It doesn't.

Good luck!

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    I enjoyed the writing. Your descriptions and dialogue flow easily and beautifully. Possibly your plot was a bit thin and a tad predictable but the characters felt real nonetheless. Thanks for the story, its almost like the opening of an old school Mel Gibson movie!

6. Collapse Details
    Hehe this was quite an enjoyable romp / Spoilers/

This script to me is a bit like a guilty pleasure, I love gunslinger movies, / gunplay action / spaghetti western etc and thats all in here.

What in some way i think lets it down a wee bit is the cliched 'strapped to a chair garage' scene and the angry 'you messed up my shipments' boss. Im surprised folk bother to write those kinds of scenarios now - which is the thing about this script - the concept of the 12 guys, the hero getting a chance etc - its great, and builds REAL suspense towards the end.

I was like oooh... how is this going to go (and of course we get our delicious little twist.) So not bad, but i would suggest tinkinering with the settings, so you don't have folk making so many pre-judgements on the opening scene/setting.

But well done mate i enjoyed it.
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

7. Collapse Details
    Really thought this was neatly done in the way it was written. Liked the telling of it a great deal, a smart use of the flashback, especially with the ricochet moment.

Not sold on the story, think the twist is more straight than turny, and having set it up so that I wanted to know where it went I think I was a wee bit disappointed it didn't really go anywhere. But still, I think a good job.

8. Collapse Details
    I liked this! Well written, and you've got some good dialogue. I liked the problem with the shears - it bought a nice comic moment to a script that could otherwise have been a bit heavy.

I guessed the ending a couple of pages before the end, but I still think it was well written. Besides, I can't really talk about obvious twists - my entry has one too!

I agree with Lawriejaffa about the setting. I don't think a garage is necessarily going to give people preconceptions about the story - it didn't for me - but I do think that having six people in one garage would be a bit too cramped, especially from a filming perspective.

It might make it a bit more dynamic if you set it in the warehouse of the original shoot-out, blood stained walls and everything. Just my suggestion.

Really loved the script, well done!

9. Collapse Details
    Knight of the Holy Order krestofre's Avatar
    Enjoyable tale. I think lawriejaffa is right on about some of the plot points. A few of them are overdone. I think you could easily improve the script just by changing the motivation of the gunman. I don't think the audience necessarily needs to know why he's taking out these bad guys, but if it was something more involved that just thugs moving a shippment that could add a lot to this story.

Saw the ending coming, but it's still a pretty good moment in the script.
    Chris Johnson

10. Collapse Details
    Your basic two-car garage. Dusty, utilitarian. Some
    shelves with paint cans, empty washer fluid jugs. A spare tire in the corner. Garden tools hanging from hooks on the walls. Big garage door with sunlight dribbling through a crack at the bottom.

*I think a lot of extra words here, which means a lot of extra reading. 'Utilitarian' is probably enough,

Your basic two-car garage. Dusty, utilitarian. Big garage door with sunlight dribbling through a crack at the bottom.

This …

He’s tied with about fifty feet of garden hose.

Can’t say I’ve seen that yet. Cool idea.

This …

They form up in a circle around him, some lean against the walls, one sits on the spare tire,

*If it’s a two car garage, and Guy is in the middle, be hard to ‘form up’ in a circle and lean against the wall and sit on tires in the corner at the same time.

I think ‘the guy’ should have a name by now. Goons, a guy and Leonard.

As soon as the finger was cut off I knew the ending.

Maybe you were going for the mtsterious man with no name, but it was kinda irritating.

Well written but could use a haircut on the extra words used to set up and explain actions.

Plot is a little soft.

Very enjoyable and quick read. Nice work.

aw

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast