1. Collapse Details
    Remove handle on XHA1 to fix Mic Ribbon Cable
    The microphone on my XHA1 came loose and the ribbon cable pulled out and does not work anymore. Does anyone know how to remove the handle or take it apart so I can reattach the onboard mic? I see some holes on the bottom side of the handle, but I can't see if they are screws or not.

Thanks in advance!

2. Collapse Details
    Hi, I'm also wondering how to remove the handle from the XH-A1. Has anyone yet figured out how?

I broke the mic-holder attachment off the handle, and it tore part of the handle along with it, so I need to replace that lower handle cover (the bottom part of the handle's exterior), but I can't figure out how to get it off the camera. Anybody know?

Thanks!

3. Collapse Details
    I figured it out... The hole on the bottom are screws. You just need a precision screw driver with a short handle that can hit it at the right angle. It was really easy to fix it, and it saved a few hundred bucks for repair.

4. Collapse Details
    cool, good to hear, thanks Peterson. I just left you a message via the Private Message function, can you take a look at it? Thanks much!

5. Collapse Details
    Just revive this thread - I'm desperately looking for a precision screwdriver with a short enough handle to manages this - what a nightmare!
    anyone got any ideas/links/see anything appropriate?

6. Collapse Details
    just buy a small screw driver and cut it down, or get an eye glass kit. those have small screw drivers in them.

7. Collapse Details
    Suggest you look around all the forums to see if anyone has repaired it successfully before trying it yourself.

Seem to remember it was around $400 to send it into Canon. Good luck.

Cheers.
    35yrs with our own a/v production company and studios.

8. Collapse Details
    I've managed to take the handle apart and fixed the microphone. But the stupid thing broke again! I need to order another bracket.