Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    NICE! This place rawks, thank you

2. Collapse Details
    Well, as I'm working on the script here...just like I figured from the beginning, I've managed to turn two scenes, and at least two shots in a third scene, into VFX sequences. Why can't I just stop?!

Oh well, this is what I love about filmmaking today. Digital snow FTW!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Höfer View Post
    Long overdue
    agreed.

4. Collapse Details
    Sent you a PM Caauwe-dog ....

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    Sent you a PM Caauwe-dog ....
    Score! I wasn't logged in on this studio system so I didn't get my friendly pop-up notification.

6. Collapse Details
    Well Tim and Leigh and I had an extremely late meeting last night (supposed to start at 1; stared at 3 instead (yes, AM)), and as I took Leigh home around 5 we discussed whether or not we accomplished anything. If anything I think we settled on our two most favorable shooting days out of 3 possible days. Of course we're also still absent a lead actor since Alex can no longer fill the role since he'll be back home in Arkansas.

I also need to call around tomorrow and check with our two locations we have in mind. One is a place I used to work at, and where I still know people who work there such as my uncle. The other is a local bar that does allow minors in on certain occasions, and happens to have "teen night" on the night we're looking at shooting, but that means it may be too busy for our liking. However I learned that Tim may have connections to little privately owned bar/grill in a town about 30 miles away, so I'm actually hoping that works out better.

Also... we may get the great Mark Johnson to come cause trouble on our set for our epic full day and evening of shooting (it'll suck for the small crew and male lead, but our female lead will have a late call time, lucky girl), which will probably fall on the 30th.

All this is also hanging on the fact that the only camera I have access to Kyle's HVX, which if we end up shooting on two Tuesdays, means he probably won't be able to accompany it, which is a real bummer because I would love to have him assist me. Plus it's then a matter of whether his dad trusts us with the camera sans Kyle, which Kyle informed me would probably be okay.

So yeah, lots of hoping and oh yeah, Leigh and I need to finish the script

7. Collapse Details
    Some updates as we enter our week of hopeful shooting: We recast our lead, cast one of our two minor roles, refined the script a little more, are awaiting word from upper management about what will hopefully be our main location, and we may indeed be able to get Kyle up here for our first night of shooting. The location for that night is most likely secured.

I also came upon a possible title idea, but Leigh doesn't seem to be too thrilled at how much research I went through to settle on it...so we're going to sit on it for awhile and see if anything else comes to us. The other title in mind is one that came to me way at the beginning of the fest when we were developing our idea, but I personally feel the story has deviated too far to warrant its use. The more I think about it the more I like what I came upon. I actually actively researched psychology to see if there was a term for what our main character was doing in hopes that it would make a reasonable title, and there not only was, but it actually explained his actions better than we could as the writers...which is good because I was starting to think his decisions weren't making any sense

8. Collapse Details
    *Sigh*

I'm saddened to have to inform everyone that I won't be entering Life intervened in some pretty harsh ways (everyone's alive, not that harsh), and I also lack funds to even provide Oreos and beer on set, so yeah...I'm even more bummed because I managed to write a new script within one night that would be easier to shoot, and was a pretty sad story, which is what I wanted to do from the beginning.

We definitely want to make both movies yet...at least our lead actress and myself But for this festival, we've sorta all got our hands tied. We just couldn't get everyone together at once At this point Alex is busy doing God knows what in Lincoln, Sarah is involved with two plays and I'm about to start on a 2-3 month venture on a feature film, and just wrapped on one this week. Hopefully I can hop in the directors chair for the next festival; summer time is a little easier to coordinate people

Best of luck to everyone else, I'll have the tissues ready come March, can't wait to see the entries.
    Last edited by NateCaauwe; 02-13-2009 at 02:04 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Nate. I hear you about co-ordinating everyone during winter.

Best of luck to you and hope you got plenty of popcorn and tissues.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

10. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin ConspiracyPenguin's Avatar
    Hey man, sorry to hear that. It's always sad when someone has to pull out. If I'm being honest, I'm not gaging my own chances very high at the moment.

I wish you the best, maybe next time!
    - Nick | My DVXuser Blog (This is a secret message).

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor365 View Post
    I, like most dvxusers, enjoy Penguin's company in the threads, and his refreshing attitude and humour.
    Also, because behind all the fun, the guy means biz and actually has a bit of talent...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345