Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daktulus View Post
    Are you definatly able to live capture HD picture and sound in 1080i? I tried changing my audio project settings to 44 and 48Khz and still didnt get any sound.
    I think I will make this an issue with Avid, because MC 3.0 is not properly working.
    Any input on other possible wrong settings appreciated.
    did you make sure it was set to 16 bit for the audio?

2. Collapse Details
    I have an all certified Avid PC system. I could upgrade to 3.05 (upgrading is quite a hussle) but there is nothing about this issue in the 3.05 description, so I guess this bug has not been noticed or fixed yet. Audio settings are 48Khz, 16Bit, PCM (MXF), unlocked.
    I remember that I had sound in 2.8 as well.
    Last edited by daktulus; 11-20-2008 at 04:38 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    I reinstalled everything and upgraded to 3.05. Now I do get sound, but ONLY when I record to P2 in the camera. If I recall right in MC 2.8, you didnīt have to record in the camera, but heard the sound in Avid anyway. Is that so?

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I'm exporting a bunch of files right now then I'm out to dinner, I'll check for you tomorrow but I think I do recall getiing audio without the camera recording in 2.8.

I love my 2.8, it's rock solid. I will upgrade but not for another 6 months or so until these little problems get worked out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123