Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    i don't have an article to back this up, but based on conversations with a few people, fuji and panny p2 cards are actually produced at the same location(s).

a dp i rent from told me this. maybe someone with more direct insight can back this up.
    "Pick up a camera. Shoot something. No matter how small, no matter how cheesy, no matter whether your friends and your sister star in it. Put your name on it as director. Now you're a director. Everything after that you're just negotiating your budget and your fee."

- James Cameron

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I have herd that from several people, what would suck even more is if the Maxels are made at the same factory the Fuji's and Panny's are, that would pretty much wipe out the possibility of the price being more competitive.

3. Collapse Details
    Here's what we know: Panasonic reads and responds to views expressed on this forum.

Panasonic should be courting adoption of its media with a price break on the older cards. Here's their opportunity to encourage long format with P2 for the budget conscious buyer while still reaping plenty of reward from the larger budget productions. It would be unfortunate to see them "Blu-Ray" themselves to oblivion as other formats gain traction.
    Lowest Gear Productions
    http://www.lowestgear.com

4. Collapse Details
    If Panasonic would just drop the last zero off their P2 list prices, they'd have a very reasonable paradigm.

5. Collapse Details
    I would be curious to understand / learn what the difference is between non-competitive pricing versus price fixing?...

There was a very large price fixing settlement made last week against several LCD display manufacturers...

6. Collapse Details
    For long shoots such as an event, the P2 format may be cost ineffective.
    Even though the Sony EX1 cost about a grand more, I believe that comes with the ability to use an adapter to run SD cards.

SD cards are very cheap, and actually then make the camera actually cheaper to get to running specs than the Panasonic P2 cameras
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left...

7. Collapse Details
    What is Panasonic thinking with this prices? Is unbelievable. With the economy the way is going? Wow!

8. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Wow! Im officially impressed!

Now we can record a whooping 64 Minutes on one card.

Time to hug my Firestore (that does rwice as much for half of the price).

Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
    For long shoots such as an event, the P2 format may be cost ineffective.
    Even though the Sony EX1 cost about a grand more, I believe that comes with the ability to use an adapter to run SD cards.

SD cards are very cheap, and actually then make the camera actually cheaper to get to running specs than the Panasonic P2 cameras
    Well why wouldn't you just get the nanoFlash or FlashXDR then. It records from HD-SDI and can do the exact same thing onto a stronger media format. I just like how small P2 HD cameras are. I mean I love my HVX and loved playing with the HPX170. It's also a scalable format all the way up to the big HPX3700 and what not. So I say long live P2. If we all bought P2 cards... i'm sure the prices would drop. That's the ticket... let's joint buy 5000 64GB P2 cards and get a big price cut I think Panasonic would go for it.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast