Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    These fests are great for all of us.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

2. Collapse Details
    Such a great source of learning, fun, and inspiration.

Erez Henya,
    Professional Film Composer,
    Orchestrator and Conductor

Did you visit my website today? log on to www.erezhenya.com!
    Or visit me on: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Vimeo YouTube

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielflorit View Post
    Storytelling is the hardest skill to perfect, in my opinion. Lighting, framing/composition, sound recording/mixing, etc., are all relatively easy to learn. But coming up with a good story is impossibly hard.
    Yes. Coming up with a good story AND telling the story.

I'm always happy to see that good stories win out in contests, not necessarily those with the best lighting,effects...etc.

However there are those punks (Cold Calls) that manage to have it all.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

4. Collapse Details
    It was my first fest and I learned some much stuff. I've got the first one done and out of the way, now it's time to make a really good film. The feedback has been great, most of it I agreed with and I knew it was coming. No matter how many books you read, making a good film is not as easy as some people make it out to be.

This site rocks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Collapse Details
    I've not read through everyone else's thoughts on this, so I'll just offer my own straight up:

I think this was one of the weaker fests, with regards to quality of work and/or sticking with the theme. One of the main reasons I'm voicing this is that (and I did see this mentioned on the 1st page) was that many of the entries completely missed the park with regards to the Twilight Zone feel, and just went all out thriller/horror.

The Twilight Zone, as I remember it, was usually more subtle, and VERY often would make you think afterwards of what you'd do in the same situation, etc. Very few films in this fest matched up with a true Twilight Zone theme/feel to them.

DramaFest was, I think, one of the strongest fests with regards to professional quality, and really good stories. I also dug SpyFest quite a bit. Love fest was good as well, but I was so up to my neck in post production of BERLIN that I missed most of that one altogether.

I really wished I had secured the location for LAST TOUCH, my Twilight Fest entry, but couldn't get the ICU at the hospital secured in time. Got it now, and will be shooting this Sunday, the 23rd. I'll be sure to comment on as many films as I can, prior to then, so I can hopefully get feedback on ours, once it's completed, come end of December.

All of the above said about this fest, however, isn't to be taken too negatively ... because the bottom line is that they are to encourage filmmakers to get out there & get something done. And a LOT of people achieved just that, and to even make a film in the first place is no small thing, and shouldn't be overlooked. But for the returning filmmakers, we need to always challenge ourselves to continually place the bar higher & higher, ideally setting out to do the impossible, only to make it possible.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Timefest was slam dunk the most professional, this one seems a dip down, but still an improvement over Lovefest. Frankly, I don't think the theme of 'twilight' is conducive, I'm hoping for something better next time.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

7. Collapse Details
    I'm new, so I can't compare other fests. This one is great though. Seems really organized. The films are fun to watch. I think I happened on a really cool site here.
    SZP

8. Collapse Details
    Oh yes, don't get me wrong ... each fest gets more & more organized, better technically, the whole nine yards. HUGE props to the Mods!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

9. Collapse Details
    I'm truly intrigued by the amount of post apocalyptic fascination; glad to know I'm not alone (ironic)

Rakesh Jacob : writer director cinematographer editor (wannabe auteur)
    www.vimeo.com/infopimps Check out some of my work
    www.youtube.com/ipimpstv Over 7.9mil views

10. Collapse Details
    I've been around since the horror fest. and I was really excited to see so many entries. I do agree that there are always a few that rise to the top and they usually have well told and constructed stories. I think it's wonderful to see filmmakers continue to grow and get better and better, because if you hang around here long enough, you can learn a thing or two. I know I have. Can't wait until the next fest is announced and hopefully I'll have time to do it again.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast