Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Your overall opinion of TwilightFest?
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    I am curious of what the overall opinon of this fest is compared to TimeFest and others. I enjoyed most of the films and Foresight being my first entry I learned so much from the compliments and the critiques. I think everyone gets an A for effort. It is difficult to put even a 6 minute short together. I have only seen Timefest and this one and I liked this one a little more. overall it was good experience for me and even though some films were hard to watch I thought everyone deserved a full viewing at least once.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

2. Collapse Details
    I offered my overall opinion on the last fest and got my head chopped off, so I'm going to pass.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Messineo View Post
    I offered my overall opinion on the last fest and got my head chopped off, so I'm going to pass.
    lol. I remember that.
    Formally known as rlm7189...

4. Collapse Details
    I think as far as stories go LoveFest had a stronger field of entries. I saw a lot of people try and take this one and make it just a horror flick. The Twllight Zone was far more subtle than just a straight slasher piece.

5. Collapse Details
    I think the overall quality of films in Twilight Fest was better than for Time Fest. Although I'm not sure that the top entries in this fest are as good as the top entries from Time Fest.

6. Collapse Details
    Different feel to this one... I'll elaborate AFTER the judging closes...

7. Collapse Details
    Every fest is the same to me.... a few shorts really stand out... some have amazing potential... and then there is the rest...

To me the fests have pretty much all been the same... but I will say it's neat to see the number of entries rising... it means more people are getting out and making shorts! That is what excites me the most!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

8. Collapse Details
    well, as far as "popularity" goes, this fest just passed Drama-Fest for 3rd highest post count with 15,621. Both Timefest and Horrorfest had over 20,000 posts.

I do agree with Brandon, there is a similar sort of trend in the quality of films, but I've been a part of the fests long enough to see some of the filmmakers who were part of "the rest" when they first started to now competing for a podium spot. (including yours truly and Mr. Rice.) Which I really think is the point right?

9. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Yes. For me it's seeing past Fest goers grow and mature with every new entry.
    It's really something to see.

Some people have come a long way fast.

My overall impression of this Fest is the same as always. There are some really talented people in this forum.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

10. Collapse Details
    Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    My overall opinion...hmm...Some I watched more than once and some of them I couldn't even finish. o.O. But the reason we have the fests is to grow as film makers and as a community. Agreed that there are the guys that are fighting for the "podium spot", but theres a reason the same guys are on the top spots. I saw one film maker who had an entry that I hated in Timefest then I saw his work in Twilight and I literally said out loud while watching it "wow this guy has improved ALOT"

Rogan
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast