1. Collapse Details
    Coverage notes on a screenplay
    Hi

I am wondering if anyone has used one of those services where someone reads your screenplay and gives you "coverage notes" or feedback on it? eg. scriptshark.com

If so, who did you use, would you recommend them?

Many thanks,

PJ.

2. Collapse Details
    $80: Scott the Reader
    Highly recommended, cheap,
    http://sixtybucknotes.blogspot.com/
    and I used his services,. $80 coverage. Fast turnaround (about 7-10 days). I would have paid $200. Scott reads your script twice, gives you a detailed typed analysis with specific suggestions for fixes. Well worth it. This guy has read over 9000 screenplays for Hollywood coverage. Scott was recommended to me by veteran writers on the usenet, I will use Scott's services again without blinking an eye.

John Rainey (or his assistant Anna for a lower price)
    Now if you have the cash to burn and want really top notch services, John Rainey looks to be good, but also expensive, but someday I hope to work with John for mentoring through a script.
    http://www.mythmakerjohn.com/

$160+: Maggie Prescott
    Another option is the mentor-consultant I have worked with through my entire first screenplay, and also now on my third screenplay. She is Maggie Prescott, and her $1500 fee for mentoring you start to finish/sale of a screenplay idea is very reasonable
    http://home.earthlink.net/~maggie22/id82.html
    (other gurus charge $3000-5000); she used to be an agent, has written and sold a couple of screenplays, still writes, and is married to someone who is a brother or something like that of the Lynard Skynard band which is kind of cool.
    Maggie also offers reasonably priced services for whatever you need as a writer, e.g. coverage
    http://home.earthlink.net/~maggie22/id111.html
    Tell her I sent you if you go with her.
    ~Randall

Quote Originally Posted by pjay79 View Post
    Hi

I am wondering if anyone has used one of those services where someone reads your screenplay and gives you "coverage notes" or feedback on it? eg. scriptshark.com

If so, who did you use, would you recommend them?

Many thanks,

PJ.
    Last edited by Randall_Oelerich; 11-09-2008 at 07:31 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    I just sent off another script to Scott for coverage, my second I will now have sent to him. So just saying I am putting my money ($80) where my mouth (posting) is.
    ~randall

4. Collapse Details
    Second vote for Scott.

Getting informed feedback on a screenplay isn't something any one can do. Scott is the man.

edit: errr...make that "Giving" informed feedback...
    Last edited by brianluce; 11-10-2008 at 05:51 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Cool, thanks for the links.

PJ.

6. Collapse Details
    Another really good reader...
    I have used a couple different guys over the last few years and of them, I really like Bart Gold - a.k.a. ExtHollywoodDay over on the Done Deal board. ExtHollywoodDay@aol.com I see Mr. Martell is here... he or other DD people would know of whom I speak.

Turnaround in a couple days, and for $135 you get a full on set of notes akin to the $250 service from Scriptshark.

I chose him for my first script a few years back because he's down with Sci-Fi, and an actual sold screenwriter, both of which I liked.

Then after beating my Sci-Fi idea to death and getting tired of it, I did a romcom... the notes I got from Bart helped me take that script to a level I hadn't yet achieved. I got a manager based on the latest draft of that one.