Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Prizes: TwilightFest... ... ...
    Ok... Sorry for the delay. Here are the prizes for TwilightFest. Thanks, as always, to our sponsors who give so graciously, often with only the satisfaction of helping our members and the community that they built their companies around in their minds.

We are a strong community. I hope we continue to grow and prosper as a whole and individuals and that we all can recognize that we have a hand in building a positive, encouraging atmosphere here on dvxuser.

In no particular order:

Cinemek (LINK)
    Cinemek has graciously offered to donate the following static 35 adapter setup:
    G35 Static Adapter - The G35 is comprised of 3 rugged aluminum sections; The G35 body, with the interchangable lens and camera mounts. All together the 3 pieces weigh in at under 1.8 lbs. The 635 utilizes an ultra-high resolution fine grain static screen which enables it to be the most durable adapter on the market considering its lack of miving parts. It is completely sealed and air tight. Its simple and elegant design enables extremely easy attachment and assembly via your cameras hood bayonet mount."

Your choice - HVX200 or DVX100 or 72mm threaded Universal Camera mount.

and Pelican 1300 case (water jet cut to fit your G snuggly).

Valued at approximately $1500

Cinevate

Cinvate Follow Focus - Brand new to the market is the new follow focus from Cinevate. CNC Billet aluminum, monolithic chassis for amaizing stiffness (no RC transmissions with a plastic knob here). Purpose designed and manufactured internal gear set, including full ball bearing support (no bushings). Gear ratios specfically chosen for hybrid cine/SLR lens use. Single rail mount, with dual rail mount option. Gear lash near-zero (you won't be able to measure it), with perfect smoothness under heavy loads. Unit can be used righty, or lefty with gear orientation forwards or backwards in either mode. Magnetic removable market face, viewable from front or side. Standard whip/cank port. CNC aluminum focus knob. Note that the adjustable focus pointer is not in this animation. Lifetime use build quality with fully sealed and lubricated internals. The follow focus will be priced at $870 and will include a .8 pitched gear (film pitch) and three of our anodized aluminum focus gears.

Proteus shoulder mount rails system - Cinevate is also throwing in their Proteus 45cm rails system as well as their new shoulder mount kit which can be used in conjunction with the rails system. (links) A system valued approximately 550 dollars.

Approximate value $1500.

E.C. Professional Video

One of our newer DVXuser sponsors (and #1 in iXDCAM EX sales on the east coast) has offered to donate a Fusion F2 640GB setup with Tempo SATA ExpresCard/34 valued at almost $700 total.
    http://www.sonnettech.com/product/fusionf2.html

Kessler Crane

"The Kessler Crane® is made entirely from lightweight, ultra strong T-6061 aluminum alloy that per pound is stronger than steel and is corrosion resistant. The Kessler Crane®’s frame sections are 100% jig welded for the utmost strength. All of the parts are CNC machined to shape and drilled on a milling machine to ensure the highest level of precision and quality. Our CNC made parts are held to +/- 5 thousands of an inch." Kessler offers a lifetime warranty on all of their products. For more, click HERE. The Kessler Crane retails for approximately $700.00. Please note that the winner will be responsible for any add'l shipping charges incurred for shipping outside the lower 48.

DVeStore

DVeSTore has donated several thousand dollars worth of prizes over the last couple of fests since coming on board dvxuser and they aren't showing signs of slowing down anytime soon...
    Lowel DV Creator Kit 44 with Hardcase valued at least $1,000:
    http://www.dvcreators.net/lowel-dvcreators-light-kits/

RODE NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone valued at $700:
    http://www.dvcreators.net/rode-ntg-3-shotgun-mic/

Manfrotto 561B Monopod a $250 value:
    http://www.dvcreators.net/manfrotto-561b-monopod/

And, finally, DVcreators.net DV Enlightenment DVD valued at $75:
    http://www.dvcreators.net/dv-enlightenment/

IndiFocus

This little prize has become quite a coveted one it seems here on dvxuser. It's the IndiSlider Pro...
    http://www.indifocus.com/products_indisliderpro.htm

Tim may also have something else that is a new product that he is wanting to give. If so, I'll add it here. Tim and IndiFocus have been around dvxuser since the early years and is a long time supporter of the site and members.

DVTec

The ever popular and new improved DVMultiRigPro from Danny at DVTec. Also, includes the tripod fast mount.
    http://www.dvtec.tv/id33.html
    With the included tripod mount, this is almost a $600 value.

Sabi Pictures
    DVXuser member, Zak Forsman of Sabi has been so gracious by electing to donate his time and resources. Sabi is offering to donate 20 professionally printed DVD-R's, with full color jackets and inserts in shrink-wrapped amary cases, made of the winning filmmaker's short. These are to be used as you see fit, but with the encouragement to use them to submit your film to other festivals, or as free prizes to build an audience, etc. Thanks, Zak. Great Prize offer.

DV Rebel's Guide
    Ole Stu.... True friend to the Indy Filmmaker, has agreed to give at least 40 copies per year of his book to dvxuser members. He also has a thread in the cafe now, that he is checking from time to time if anyone has any questions for him relating to his book or filmmaking in general. The idea behind this book is not to give it to just the winners, but to give copies to folks who would benefit the most from it. That is why I will not only award copies to individuals for their accomplishments in the fests, etc... but I will also award them at random to members of dvxuser who show a strong desire to participate in the community in a constructive way, and strong passion for learning their craft.
    http://www.rebelsguide.com/DV_Rebels...els_Guide.html

Barry Green and David Jimerson
    are also giving away some stuff, but I've misplaced that info... They are giving away a few copies of their dvd's. I will updae this info soon.

I am also going to give away a still new in box, unused Varizoom .7x wide angle lens converter. 72mm threads. I won it for LoveFest, but just don't have use for it in my application, so I thought I would give it back to the community in hopes that someone else can put it to good use.

Looks like something approaching 10 grand in prizes this time around... Not too shabby all things considered.

I *think* that is everything... Feels like I am missing something. I will see if I can round up some other stuff as well, and if I do, I will be sure to post it here.

Just want to again give a special acknowledgement to our sponsors who make this all possible. These guys all pay their bills every month and help keep the lights on here at dvxuser. On top of that, many of them also choose to donate prizes for the fest. They get nothing in return but some add'l exposure. I'm very grateful to our sponsors for encouraging that strong sense of community here on dvxuser that we wish to continue building, and thankful for their desire to give back to a community that has given to them as well. I hope you will consider them when you are looking to purchase. Some of these guys started off as regular old members of dvxuser just like many of us. They took an idea and their drive, and built a successful company around it. Here's to hoping that dvxuser as a community continues to promote success in whatever arena and creates more and more opportunites for that success amongst all of us.

Thanks very much to all of the folks who took the leap and made a film and got it entered in the fest. We are all very proud and/or envious of you for your effort, and that is the first great accomplishment that a lot of other folks don't get to revel in. You should be proud of yourselves.

And, also thanks to everyone else, who has an active hand in the fests. The folks who download, view and respond to the films, and the crew that does their best to keep these fests growing and running smoother and more organized everytime led by our FestMaster, Larry R. Woot!

Have fun, guys. I've literally got to walk out the door right now for some other business, but I will double check this when I get back to make sure everything is accurate and complete.

later,
    Jason
    Last edited by Jason Ramsey; 11-05-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    Como's back. back again Robbie Comeau's Avatar
    YES!

So is there best sound? Best cinematography? Best acting?

Robbie
    Rob Comeau - Film Director
    www.vimeo.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.youtube.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.facebook.com/robcomeaufilm
    Message me to check out my films!

3. Collapse Details
    Tight!

4. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    What a great mix of prizes! Thanks to the sponsors, Jason, and to the other DVXuser Mods and Members who have donated their time and prizes as well.

Very nice.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    Horray!

6. Collapse Details
    Amazing
    Wow the prizes sound amazing.

7. Collapse Details
    That stuff looks incredible!

8. Collapse Details
    WOW!!!!

Totally unexpected. That stuff looks wonderful.
    video editor
    portland, or
    www.kylestebbins.com

9. Collapse Details
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    The DVX User sponsors are freaking awesome...
    The Plinkett Equation:

TOS16 + TNG5 + DS94 + VOY11 + ENT 8
    __________________________________________________ = History is changing every 23 millionths of a second

F649 + Alp987 + Bet934 + Gam764 + Del837 * 100,000,000,000

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Comeau View Post
    YES!

So is there best sound? Best cinematography? Best acting?

Robbie
    Best acting would be cool... like a dvxuser Oscar or something.
    Actor / Musician

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast