Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Looking forward to watching this one... Need 50 posts to vote...
    "We mock what we do not understand" Austin Millbarge -

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrequiem1134 View Post
    wicked epic title
    The title comes from a Van Gogh painting about despair.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Ladd View Post
    Chris, first off, love the poster. I liked this film. The shots at the condo with the sky as the backdrop were simply amazing. I thought you had a good story and that music at the very end was very creepy. The only thing that didn't seem right on was the echoey voice throughout the piece. When you finally show whose voice that is, the echo is fine, but I think in the beginning of the piece it may have sounded better if there was no echo or very little, IMHO. But that's all I saw, so very nice work!
    I had originally cut it without the "echoey" voice...but it didn't feel right to me. I wanted to try to create a little distance to the 'supposed' duality of the main character, who also gives VO in the very beginning. Which, BTW, was played by the same actor.....(if you couldn't tell).
    Plus, like you mention here....
    "When you finally show whose voice that is, the echo is fine"
    I wanted to keep it slightly ambiguous (not giving away too much right away).

Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed it.

Aloha

Chris

4. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    Why the hell do you only have 3 pages of comments. This flick looked fantastic. You pushed the HVX to the limit on some of those shots. I just got one and I hope I could get it to look as good as this. Good job man Great film. You should have waaay more comments on this.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

5. Collapse Details
    Really enjoyed the movie! Very cool opening sequence. The sound in the condo needs some work, as it sounded very distant and pushed me out of the story. Other than that..very cool. Congrats.

...I'm guessing he lost the chess match? D'OUGH!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filthrich View Post
    Why the hell do you only have 3 pages of comments. This flick looked fantastic. You pushed the HVX to the limit on some of those shots. I just got one and I hope I could get it to look as good as this. Good job man Great film. You should have waaay more comments on this.
    Thanks for the kind words Filthrich. You ever heard the expression, "No news is good news". lol

Yea, I was definitely feeling ambitious with this one.....reaching into the HVX's bag of tricks. It was fun. Glad you enjoyed it.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Really enjoyed the movie! Very cool opening sequence. The sound in the condo needs some work, as it sounded very distant and pushed me out of the story. Other than that..very cool. Congrats.

...I'm guessing he lost the chess match? D'OUGH!
    The sound in the condo was distant. That was the plan all along... to try to further illustrate the main character being distant, despondent. However, I was not able to get the mix where I wanted it....which was something I wanted to return to and sweeten/fix, but, quite simply, forgot.

Glad you liked it
    Last edited by chstick; 11-01-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: mispelled word

8. Collapse Details
    I loved the locations about halfway through - vast and expansive like a western. The beach shots were also very cool. Great use of time-lapse, I loved the clouds rolling along, the wife and realtor walking around, and he stays there the whole time.

I thought the acting was terrible, it really killed this short for me. Interesting idea, but the lines were so poorly delivered I never had a chance to allow the suspension of disbelief.
    Visit my film blog

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielflorit View Post
    I thought the acting was terrible.
    The guy who played the main character, Travis, is from Alaska. So cut him a break.

I thought the acting was OK. Could it have been better, sure. But c'mon, terrible?

Not to make excuses (well, OK to make excuses...) I was never able to give my actors any time to rehearse. We were barely able to get together to shoot (with everyone's busy schedule). I would give them the script, set lights & camera (about 15-20 minutes) and then shoot. Travis is not a bad actor. If the acting was found to be terrible it simply means the director's (me) time management skills were terrible.

mea culpa

10. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    The cinematography in this was excellent for the most part. Some of the shots were quite good! Great really. Sound was a little rough in spots but definitely salvageable.

I loved the whole weight on his shoulders throughout the movie. The shots of "the cloaked one" were just great. Very nice story as well.

The pacing could be worked a little more with some editing.

Nice work.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast