1. Collapse Details
    need truck/van rental
    I need a van with a rack on top of it so I can stap the ladder/track system to it. and carry other gear in the back.

need it for the begining of the 1st and 2nd weeks of november.

I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

if anyone can help me by renting there van to me cheap i'd be thankfull

Jason Miller
    Thank You
    Jason Miller
    www.wafflefilms.com

2. Collapse Details
    Probably already thought of this, but have you looked into renting a u-haul? May be too expensive if you need it for a couple of weeks, but thought I'd toss that out there. Sorry I can't help more. Good luck with your shoot though!

3. Collapse Details
    yea they cost to much, and they dont have ladder racks, my track for my moco rig is a 16ft ladder.
    Thank You
    Jason Miller
    www.wafflefilms.com

4. Collapse Details
    Truck rental killed my budget... ended up costing $500...
    Unfortunately, they don't come cheap...

5. Collapse Details
    thats why I'm hoping to find someone here, or on Craigslist who can help me out for less than the rental companies
    Thank You
    Jason Miller
    www.wafflefilms.com

6. Collapse Details
    Oh man.. careful on CL... i got eaten alive when i posted for a truck/driver and the message got flagged... I still have this prick's email...check it out...

Look, this is not a flame, but advice.

If you can't afford Suppose you drive, and you have Tried Avon, and you have tried all of your schooling options, then guess what?

You really don't have enough money to do your film.

Avon is junk, they dont maintain their trucks, and as a result they break down when you are trying to do returns, or even worse is when the liftgate dies. I've had it happen to me too many times.

Don't do Uhaul. Their trucks are not made for the needs of the film industry, and somebody will get hurt loading or unloading film equipment off of that little ramp that they have. I have taken people to the hospital because somebody tried loading a cart up one of those ramps.

Once again, if you can not afford to get a truck, then you can not afford to do your film.

$150/day is PA pay for driving the truck (and you do not want a PA to drive anything larget than a 14' cube.) $150 doesnt even include gas, food, wear and tear, plus the labor fees of the driver. Your post is going to be flagged and removed because it is insulting to the professionals you are asking to work for you.

If you can get a truck for that rate with a driver, you really need to think about it. The person that is working for you at that rate is only doig so because they can not get any other wotk, which means that they are unprofessional and unreliable.

There is a reason people get paid good money to the work that needs to get done.

Just think about these things, and then think about postponing your film until you have the proper resources to get it done right.

No reply necessary, unless you wish to discuss further.
    -S
    Don't let his BS rant discourage you from looking for cheap trucks and drivers... but if you've got a lot of (expensive) equipment.. you wanna make sure that you do what's necessary to protect the equipment and crew... you know?

7. Collapse Details
    Hi, I was lookin' for some advice.. I need to move from CA to Denver in about a month, and someone mentioned getting a one way truck rental.. but I don't know really enough about that? The only moving I've ever done is across the street, lol. I found some info on these sites.. but I'm not even sure if that second company has actual real-live people working for them??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Haul
    http://www.movers-moving-companies.com/truck-rental/
    http://www.movers-moving-companies.c...ck-rental.html

Has anyone ever used them? If so could you tell me about anything about them? Anything would help.. thanks!

-Rivers