Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Arag„o View Post
    can you please post the AE project somewhere?
    I don't know anywhere that can host files ! I can email it to anyone interested.

Or someone show me somewhere easy to host the AE file . . . . . .

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Car3o View Post
    Lee I'd update your first thread.
    ????

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
    Or someone show me somewhere easy to host the AE file . . . . . .
    filefactory.com is free and the download sits there "forever".

Original real world D90 .avi files can be downloaded from Vimeo if you want to test the method. Just search for "Nikon D90".
    Or please repair the poor penguin at http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08...plegallery.asp There are some stair steps at its pecker at e.g. 00:17

I understand the process, thank you for the (funny) explanation but I don't understand how all this manual layer copying and pixel shifting is done automatically on the next clip. That must be an AE script but obviously isn't one. I never used After Effects and don't know how it works though.

In Final Cut Pro I could do your process manually with one clip but then how do I replace the footage of 80 layers with new footage? The only way I can see to automate this is to write a FXScript plugin to slice, shift the slices, interpolate and scale each and every frame. Unfortunately I'm new to FCP and also just discovered FXScript so there's a lot to learn. But I'll try.
    Last edited by buildyo; 10-12-2008 at 02:41 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Nice one Lee.

5. Collapse Details
    Hi Lee.

please send it to my email danielaragao@gmail.com

or just send it to rapidshare.de or other free file sharing site.

thanks a lot

6. Collapse Details
    Wow, thank you Lee for sharing, another great work-around for the D90!

I think this definitely should be a sticky, or actually be part of the "understanding and optimizing the d90" thread because this is also very essential. Nikon should thank the people here...

And now I have to learn to use AE... good thing I have time because I'm still saving to buy the D90...

7. Collapse Details
    Hi Lee ive pm'd you my email if you can do the same for me too that would be great.

8. Collapse Details
    Pm'd also. I can host it quite easily as well if Lee is inclined.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by buildyo View Post
    I understand the process, thank you for the (funny) explanation but I don't understand how all this manual layer copying and pixel shifting is done automatically on the next clip.
    No scripts, no filters, no clever programming, nothing but basic functions !

Once you have set up a project like this - just replace the footage with the new clip you wish to process.

Quote Originally Posted by buildyo View Post
    In Final Cut Pro I could do your process manually with one clip but then how do I replace the footage of 80 layers with new footage? The only way I can see to automate this is to write a FXScript plugin to slice, shift the slices, interpolate and scale each and every frame. Unfortunately I'm new to FCP and also just discovered FXScript so there's a lot to learn. But I'll try.

You need to think a lot simpler than that - I would spend more time thinking whether there might be other ways to replace a clip** rather than decide it can only be done through complex script writing and then without any further thought set about learning how to script !! :O

** I don't use FCP but even I can see that you could put your clip in a folder - call it THE CLIP - do all your masks and moving and so on - then if you want to apply this to another clip - quit FCP - throw the clip away from the folder make a duplicate of the new clip you wish to process - place it in that folder and rename it THE CLIP - then open up the FCP project again.

[EDIT: just tried the above renaming of a clip method in FCP - works fine - try it for yourself - when FCP can't find the clip you were using it asks you to 'reconnect' to the file - just point it to your new one - it will complain that the new clip is not the right length - just hit the 'shut up'/ok button and roll out the new clip to it's full length.)
    Last edited by Lee Wilson; 10-12-2008 at 10:10 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    AE project should be on it's way soon - sent to a member here who will host it and share the link.

Just tried it on the Penguin footage and it makes the same improvement.

I just used the test project I made for the 'big R' footage - so I only watched a big section of the middle of the penguins body - but comparing before and after you can see how the nasty and obvious steps are now gone !

Looks much smoother, nicer without being any softer !

It really does work, not just on large letters !

Now someone needs to make up a FCP / AE / Combustion / Premier / Shake - project that covers every slice from 1 to 720 !! These small project files can then be hosted in this thread for anyone to use.

And remember you only need to do this process to your finished piece, not to every clip you shoot.

I would do a complete AE project but I don't own a D90 (not planning to get one either) so there is nothing to inspire/drive me to do this (besides all your happy faces !) and I have a bad cold.

Good luck people.

Lee

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast