Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Dude. this is so cool!

2. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by jetaddiction@mac.com View Post
    the combo of the heli and the top handle mechanical rate of zoom out slow .should just give the effect of the heli lifting off way faster. thats why you would wait till 100 ft be for the zoom back. wind from the heli might blow your actor about . another reason to use tele . further away less down wash.
    I was thinking about the same thing but keep forgetting... we'll need to be far away for wind... we can't see it. I wonder if the 85 would be enough or if we'll need to get a longer lens like the Nikon 80-200mm which seems to be such an awesome lens anyway. 200mm should be plenty and color correcting to match will be a breeze... then again going bare might work fine if the SGblade's new GG which is supposed to be grainless... it shouldn't be as big of a difference as it would if we were using their original GG.

You basically sold the zoom out, the slowest one probably... but now I am worried about the initial jerk when you begin the zoom which will liekly be the same as on the 200... it is quite imperceptible, but that shot really depends on being smooth. At least that's how I see it in my non-DoP head.

Quote Originally Posted by jetaddiction@mac.com View Post
    will be shooting whistler and other snow capped peaks as soon as the weather agrees.
    Yea baby!! Can't wait! Show me some snow!

3. Collapse Details
    one thing to add might be a slow rotate as you pull back ,easier blend ,easier to frame ,if shooting almost straight down. just another way to make the reveal cool. what do you think? might fill the timing better.
    4kfilms.ca fs700 , metabones , q7 , 5dm3 , heli gyro sk8 ,

4. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    I think I see what you are saying... if it were stationary you would notice the imperfections while with a gentle rotation they wouldn't be as evident. Is that what you mean?

Also it would feel as if we, the audience, are also walking away, stepping away from him...

I wouldn't mind it at all man. Good idea!

5. Collapse Details
    ya a really,really, slow rotation to a still end wide shot. your editor will love it. easier to transitions betteen different frames with your guy in a ice hole always in the center.
    4kfilms.ca fs700 , metabones , q7 , 5dm3 , heli gyro sk8 ,

6. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    I know he will love it... (it is me!) lol

BTW, I wrote it into the shooting script.
    Last edited by USLatin; 10-17-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234