Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Another Script Up For Grabs
    Nosey Penguin
    I was going to post this in my old thread about scripts but I decided that no one would know what the update was and probably not read it. Robbie came to me with the beginning of a single scene and asked me to make it into a script. I polished up that scene and finished the story. He likes it but is unable to shoot it so I am offering it up for those who are still looking for a script. Here are some basic facts:

-------------
    TITLE: MORE THAN WORDS

LENGTH: 5 PAGES

ACTORS: 2 (1 MALE/1 FEMALE)

LOCATIONS: 3 (SHED/BACKYARD/LAKE)

SYNOPSIS: Dustin knew five years was not enough time to make a time capsule worth the trouble, but that no longer mattered. Digging it up brought back a flood of memories, some good, some bad; but, more than that, it brought him a letter with a very startling subject matter.
    ------------

If you are interested in possibly shooting the script and would like to take a look, PM me or send me an email at: n.burdicklane@gmail.com. I am also available to make edits, as you wish, to a certain extent.

Thanks,

2. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Well, due partly to the lack of interest and partly to my growing love of this script I may decide to stop offering it and just film an extended version myself next Summer. That being said, if you are interested in possibly filming it, do send me a PM or email and we can talk about it. I haven't made up my mind completely yet.

3. Collapse Details
    Interesting idea, sounds similar to Knowing (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448011/).

Not looking for a script to shoot, but would be intrigued to see this one. Maybe I can give some useful input before you go into production

4. Collapse Details
    Como's back. back again Robbie Comeau's Avatar
    I'll take it..

Lol.

Robbie
    Rob Comeau - Film Director
    www.vimeo.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.youtube.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.facebook.com/robcomeaufilm
    Message me to check out my films!

5. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Comeau View Post
    I'll take it..

Lol.

Robbie
    You said you couldn't do it! That means you don't get it! Bwahahahahaha! Larry, I will send you a PM.

EDIT: Just took a look at Knowing. Damn. VERY similar idea. It is still in production so maybe I can beat them to it! Funny how that would be written and I would write this one at the same time.

6. Collapse Details
    Still waiting for the PM

You'll have a hard time convincing anyone around the 'user' community that yours came before "Knowing". There is a vested interest in Knowing because its shot on the Red One.

But keep it as a long short (15 - 20 minutes max) and send it to festivals ... if you time it right you might be able to parlay off the success of Knowing to boost your own film

7. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Well, let me just say this: "Knowing" was written first but I, admittedly, knew nothing about it and, in fact, had never heard of it when I wrote "More Than Words." And let me make this clear: I DO NOT intend on trying to "one up" the creators of "Knowing." They had a good idea, I had the same good idea, they just beat me to it. End of story. Good on them. I will still film it though.

Oh, yes, PM...sorry. How about an email?

8. Collapse Details
    Como's back. back again Robbie Comeau's Avatar
    I thought of the IDEA HERE!
    Rob Comeau - Film Director
    www.vimeo.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.youtube.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.facebook.com/robcomeaufilm
    Message me to check out my films!

9. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Comeau View Post
    I thought of the IDEA HERE!
    Bull crap you did! This is what I got from you:

A guy digs up a time capsule. Inside is a letter and he mutters "Amanda."

I am the one who took that and came up with the story idea. I changed the beginning a lot and wrote the rest entirely on my own. Even still, you are going to get credit for what you did (more than you should, I would say) so stop whining. And don't make me pull our conversation out of my MSN archives!

On a side note: I have found someone interested in filming the piece and, reluctantly, let it go to him. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do with it.

10. Collapse Details
    Might be time for this to go to PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast