Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce A View Post
    The second he let his sister go, I just knew he was already dead. No one in their right mind would have let her walk off like that. It had that dream logic feel. Anyhow, the film is competently made and I believed your achieved the aesthetic you were going for with the action sequences and rapid dolly shots. I felt the film was a bit roughly made, but not in a bad way. In an up and comer way. You got the story across without much effort. Thatís the most important aspect. Good work.
    Thanks so much Bryce. Glad you liked it. Almost glad you could see it coming. Way to recognize the dream logic feel!

2. Collapse Details
    Carrying on the tradition from Timefest, the AIM sessions have returned, a live stream of whatever may come out of our heads as we watch your films. Here are Ben Sliker and Brad Mates thoughts on "STOPGAP."

9:02:03 PM Ben Sliker: STOPGAP
    9:02:39 PM Ben Sliker: rdy?
    9:02:57 PM Brad Mate: yep
    9:03:00 PM Ben Sliker: 3
    9:03:01 PM Ben Sliker: 2
    9:03:02 PM Ben Sliker: 1
    9:03:04 PM Ben Sliker: go
    9:03:22 PM Ben Sliker: this guy has a llama for an avatar
    9:03:25 PM Ben Sliker: it's sweet.
    9:03:31 PM Brad Mate: im glad they made a movie about this. I've been pissed about gaps for years, and want them stopped now.
    9:03:41 PM Ben Sliker: lol
    9:04:30 PM Ben Sliker: one more shot from his laserbeam and i'm done for, and guess what he starts doing?
    9:04:38 PM Ben Sliker: HE STARTS MONOLOGUING
    9:04:51 PM Ben Sliker: about how im so feeble
    9:05:03 PM Ben Sliker: how my defeat is inenvitable
    9:05:11 PM Brad Mate: yeah get your rifle...you lazy bastard. if you ran you could have been in range with the pistol
    9:05:27 PM Ben Sliker: i wonder what happened in the story during all those black spots
    9:05:35 PM Ben Sliker: HEY BRO
    9:05:38 PM Ben Sliker: WASSUP ... you walking down a random road too? cool.
    9:06:25 PM Ben Sliker: OH SHE GETS IT
    9:06:27 PM Ben Sliker: YOU CRAZY
    9:06:28 PM Brad Mate: lol
    9:07:03 PM Ben Sliker: why does everything in this movie look out of focus ...
    9:07:09 PM Brad Mate: (cause it is)
    9:07:33 PM Ben Sliker: this is why i hate 35mm adapters
    9:07:49 PM Brad Mate: lol. is 911 busy?
    9:07:51 PM Ben Sliker: i wonder if that hourglass is going to come into play ...
    9:08:05 PM Ben Sliker: or if it was just a metaphor ...
    9:08:21 PM Brad Mate: this guy is such a quitter
    9:08:24 PM Ben Sliker: hey, it's out of breath 90's running guy LINK
    9:08:33 PM Ben Sliker: WAIT ... A WHITE HORSE? WTH?
    9:09:21 PM Brad Mate: i would have imagined a better story for myself
    9:09:34 PM Ben Sliker: man, if i was going to dream up something right before i took one in the noggin, i would have thought about something cooler
    9:09:38 PM Ben Sliker: DAMN
    9:09:41 PM Ben Sliker: NINJAD
    9:09:42 PM Brad Mate: NINJA
    9:09:54 PM Ben Sliker: I JUST NINJA'D YOUR NINJA
    9:10:02 PM Brad Mate: how bout instead of imagining it you dont just stand there and let someone kill you
    9:10:39 PM Brad Mate: i dont get taht. if you are being robbed you are complacent so they just take your stuff and dont kill you. when they monologue about how they are gonna kill you....time to do something
    9:11:08 PM Ben Sliker: CAUSE ITS A MONOLOGUE ... DUN
    9:11:10 PM Ben Sliker: *DUH
    9:11:24 PM Ben Sliker: ben not soo good typing in da dark ...
    9:11:31 PM Brad Mate: i should do something...but i'd really like to hear the conclusion of what he's saying....
    9:12:17 PM Ben Sliker: next?
    9:12:22 PM Ben Sliker: or more thoughts?
    9:12:27 PM Brad Mate: hold on buckaroo
    9:12:30 PM Brad Mate: jeez
    9:13:38 PM Ben Sliker: all i know is that I'd happen to stumble upon a naked kate beckinsale on a white horse in my pre-death dream.
    9:14:17 PM Brad Mate: i like the twist. its definitely more believeable than some we've been seeing. but i hate the circumstances as he just takes getting killed. and what he imagines is lame. if you had those last moments you wouldnt think about what you would do, if you really could do nothing you'd think about your family and your life perhaps, or something else fantastical. its like...im gonna stand here and get shot...but im gonna imagine that im actually gonna try to live.
    9:14:46 PM Brad Mate: HOW BOUT TRYING TO LIVE
    9:15:53 PM Ben Sliker: normally i'd fight for my llife...but its just too damn hot out. and this bandana covering my eyes..do i just lift that or do i untie it....poo poo, ill just think about escaping
    9:16:28 PM Brad Mate: yeah, take the easy way out.

This was a solid entry. As far as the look, I'm not a fan of the everything's out of focus 35mm look, it looks good for the closeups, but just made your wides look blurry. it was also a bit blown out at times, which was a little distracting. As far as story goes, I think our criticism is well laid out in the session, we'd like to see a more fight or flight response out of him. But then again, that's not what WE would be thinking, it doesn't make what this character was thinking wrong. Thanks for sharing guys. Cheers!

3. Collapse Details
    Appreciate the AIM comments. The llama, well the llama has been with me from quite some time. Hopefully one day it will be integrated into a custom user status for me! *WINK* moderators!

It's not really supposed to make logical sense. Flight or fight... well that's logical but not necessarily applicable. I'm sure Jarrard, the director, will chime in here too and give his 2 (or 5) cents.

4. Collapse Details
    i hear ya! that's really the logical nature of how Brad and I think. Like, for instance, horror movies kill us cause we're like "turn the light ON, grab GUN, THEN look in closet. DUH." it's hard for us to process something that's not the next logical step sometimes.

ps - i'm glad it was a llama, i'd look like a douche if it was a goat...

5. Collapse Details
    HAHA goats have beards silly. I guess it could be a goat in do shave december.

6. Collapse Details
    better watch out, your custom title might become "beard-less goat"

7. Collapse Details
    as long as it's not in hot pink bold font!

8. Collapse Details
    Very well done.
    SZP

9. Collapse Details
    Sorry for re-life the topic two years after the last post but, i just do it for asking where can i view your short. I searched everywhere but not found anything, just this topic.

I found this topic searching info of Amy Bruckner and have noticed, that so far, this is her last work i think, so as a fan of her of Phil of the future i wanted to see new stuff of her.

Thanks so much for answering in advance and sorry for my english.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112