Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Going to New York!
    Yeehawww, it's my first real vacation in...wow... years! I'm going for a week with the girlfriend in August. Anything I should know? Sites to see (yes, B&H is already on the "must see" list)? sites not to see? I have a rough plan but maybe some New Yorkers can give me some tips. I'll be staying on East 39th Street at the Murray Hill East Suite. Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Going to New York!
    Right on Dan! I have family in Long Island! I'm going to San Francisco Friday for 5 days!

Uuuhhhh... Bring the DVx!

3. Collapse Details
    Central Park during the day (not at night :o), Times Square at night (not during the day ;)).

Find a good pizzaria and tell them you like chigaco style better. *They'll give you a "discount" *;D (i.e. they'll "take a little off the top"...of your head).

Empire state bldg. is great. *If you don't like heights, it's perfect *;D

Catch the wrong subway line into harlem.

Wanna make friends with the natives fast? *Start shooting some video in a subway station. *NYC's finest cops will get really chummy with you really quick *They'll even let you try on their handcuffs! *

Walk through soho to see all the trendy hipsters and laugh at them for not actually being "hip". *They hate that!

Like a bargain? *Go to chinatown and you can haggle with the store owners for everything you buy!

Be sure not to miss little italy. *Did you blink? Too bad, you probably just missed it. ;D

The preceding was just a brief summary of my trip to NYC awhile ago. *Great city, cool people, and awsome energy
    Sol Marchessault - suggestionfmotion.com

4. Collapse Details
    [quote author=Dan_Lahav link=board=Offtopic;num=1087884074;start=0#0 date=06/21/04 at 23:01:13]Yeehawww, it's my first real vacation in...wow... years! I'm going for a week with the girlfriend in August. Anything I should know?[/quote]

yeah, bring some condoms and make sure you have mirrors on the ceiling. ;D

5. Collapse Details
    if you want pizza go to Totonos in Coney Island, they have the best stone cooked pizza and no lines because of the location. While you are there you HAVE to go ride the Cyclone roller coaster, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT IN THE WORLD. Its the roughest, scariest, ricketty RC there is. If you want the biggest slice go to Broadway and W 110th st., the slices = 3 slices they are sooo big. The helicoper tour on the west side highway and 27th st. is a great way to view the city. Smith st. in Brooklyn is the new hotspot for restaurants and buetiques.( Wasnt like that when i grew up there). Jump in any cab for a rollercoaster ride to where ever you are going. Just dont get into any ones that have the windows open, at the price of cabs now you better get some damn AC. Take the sniff test before you actually jump in too, sometimes the drivers are funky as hell. Harlem is actually really cool now. I live there and its booming with all kinds of things to do. Columbia U. has bought everything up and the students are everywhere, all the mom and pop shops are being moved out for chain stores. Sad but it happens every week, just last week a famous bagel joint and fruitmarket got booted that were there forever. The pharmacy on the corner was going to get the boot also but the neighborhood pertitioned and got them a new 7 year lease.
    Central park is cool to walk through, befezda fountain has all kinds of street performers. A few weeks ago there was this band playing up in a tree. There is ground zero also.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

6. Collapse Details
    Make sure you go to Canal St. and get a cheap, fake, goodlookin, 28.00 Rolex. Plus lots of folks there starting after 10am in the morning.

7. Collapse Details
    Hey! Ill be there in August too. Im going on the 13th and coming back the 19th. I love it there, much better than California! Hopefully Ill have my DVX-a by then so I can get some good WTC footage

8. Collapse Details
    awsome, you guys rule ;D

9. Collapse Details

For a romantic dinner I recommend Window's on the World.

10. Collapse Details
    ^^^ Thats wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast