Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293
Results 2,921 to 2,925 of 2925
  1. Collapse Details
    You Guys....what a great group of people!
    Slide On!!
    -Zaza

2. Collapse Details
    WOW!! What a thread! I'm hoping some of you guys are still around and don't mind bringing this thread back to life for us new guys.

So I've been researching the Igus slider for weeks. Finally ordered one from Amazon, then discovered the ZAZA thread. Sure wished I would have found this thread first,,,lol. I'm 50 pages in so I still have a lot of reading.

The first slider I got from Amazon is junk. It's obviously a returned, damaged, resold kit that somebody messed up. I can't believe Amazon shipped this thing. But I have a new one about to be delivered any minute.

I also got the Servocity motorized kit for the W16. It was on sale for $40 off. So I couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately I'm an old fart on a fixed income so I can't afford the motor/electronics for the full blown motorized kit just yet. So I decided to try to come up with a temporary hand crank version since I had most of the parts.

I tried searching the thread to see what you guys have done for a hand crank but couldn't find anything without reading the whole thread.

So here's what I'm doing.

Using parts from Servocity, and a furniture leg from Lowes, I came up with a hand crank. I have a few bugs to work out. But as soon as my new slider kit gets here I can get back at it.

Not sure if anyone is even interested anymore. But if there's any interest I'll explain what I did.

Or if any of you past builders came up with a good hand crank I'd like to see what you did.

Hmm. I'm trying to add pics but I'm having trouble getting them to load.
    Last edited by Quick Cal; 04-17-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Looking for Colortran mini broad light. Also barn doors.

3. Collapse Details
    There is always interest in DIY projects, just most of the people searching for this stuff won't become members.

4. Collapse Details
    So my rail has the pre-drilled holes that are counter bored. A 3/8'' screw won't fit through it. The thickness of the metal right there is not very thick. Did you guys go ahead and tap that or just drill it a little bigger and just use a nut.

5. Collapse Details
    In the post above I was going to just mount the rail straight to the tripod. But I have a ball head on the way that I plan on using. So I guess I'll just wait to see how things go with that.

I'm thinking I can just screw the ball head to the tripod., Then the quick release plate to the rail using a 1/4'' nut on top of the rail. Is this how you guys have done it.

Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293