Page 2 of 293 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Jeff, thanks man, No I didn't see this page before now
    Thank You
    Jason Miller
    www.wafflefilms.com

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    one good lord don't be a jerk, two, the site doesn't say what the material is. I looked, and three for those of us who are true diyers and not posers who mount our camera on someone elses product and say look what I made, would like to know what the material is that makes it slide easy, so we can actually build one with our own pipes, and steel or aluminum plating.
    Hey JayBo,

...first off...I never claimed to be a "True Diyer"...nor am I a poser. I responded to another post asking for solutions or options to the over priced hardware out there and was PM'd multiple times for the information...so I started this thread to offer a simple solution. Take it or leave it.

As far as the material... the information is on the web site, that's how I learned about it.

This kind of thing is exactly the reason I don't like to start threads like this. I now understand that you must be an alchemist, because only a poser would use any type of metal he didn't make himself... and I'm also sure you designed and built the chips in your computer allowing you to pop-poo a very simple, inexpensive solution to a request from all us much less talented users then yourself.

As you said of yourself in another post.... I guess you are a Diva...and with a little luck & a lot of prayer, I hope I never reach your ultimate level of enlightenment. So good luck with your project and I look forward to reading your thread once you figure out how to reinvent the wheel. I'll be busy making films....
    Last edited by ZazaCast; 05-05-2012 at 05:13 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    I posted that out of being annoyed by your responce and total lack of willingness to help other diyers, and I changed it within a mnute of posting it, because I overreacted to you being a jerk. I guess you go ahold of it first. but in all fairness, you did name this thread diy indislider,

I asked a simple question what is it, you send me a non direct link to a cluddered site thats not eexactly easy to find the info i needed, you have it right in front of you, so what you should have said instead of being an ass was

no its not that carpet stuff, its some kind of plastic not sure what it is, sorry.

if you're going to get short with people asking valid questions about what you're posting, then go with that first impulse, don't post in here, bacuase people like you, who get angry when asked about your project, are not wanted here.

Answered all your questions....gave you a direct link to the site right where I did all my research....pretty much did everything but build one for you! If you look at my original response, you'll see a little smile face..that would mean I'm funning you.

Like they say, no good deed goes unpunished. Good luck with your project.

4. Collapse Details
    anyway, have you thought about using some aluminum rods, and another plate, to make a hi hat like riser for your head, you have a pretty long run on your slider, the higher above that you get the camera, the better your pushins and pull outs can be, as you can go farther with it without seeing the slider base in the shot.
    Thank You
    Jason Miller
    www.wafflefilms.com

5. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    THis looks easy. Thank you!

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

6. Collapse Details
    I posted that out of being annoyed by your responce and total lack of willingness to help other diyers
    This statement is pretty false. ZaZa PM'd me yesterday with all of the information when I said that his idea looked cool. It was before this thread, and I didn't ask him to do that. The fact that he made the thread with the info in it proves that he intends to help.

I don't see why it's ZaZa's job to link you to the raw materials. He didn't use them, so he would have to do the same amount of work as you to find them.
    "You'd better cure all those personal problems that might be holding back something you want to say." -John Cassavetes

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ott View Post
    This statement is pretty false. ZaZa PM'd me yesterday with all of the information when I said that his idea looked cool. It was before this thread, and I didn't ask him to do that. The fact that he made the thread with the info in it proves that he intends to help.

I don't see why it's ZaZa's job to link you to the raw materials. He didn't use them, so he would have to do the same amount of work as you to find them.
    Thanks Drew for the solid (Dude...Sweet)....but let it go, there's obviously no winning with Jason and frankly, I'm getting tired of all his whining (as amusing as it is). Read the entire post. I gladly answered all his questions & provided links for more technical information. If he can't understand the technical advantages of advanced synthetic compounds (thermoplastics) and has to take it out on me...so be it. Jason, I still love ya' brother and understand that we often take out our life's frustrations on others....no worries.

anyway, have you thought about using some aluminum rods, and another plate, to make a hi hat like riser for your head, you have a pretty long run on your slider, the higher above that you get the camera, the better your pushins and pull outs can be, as you can go farther with it without seeing the slider base in the shot.
    Jason, I did think about this, as you can see I raised it about 2" off the carriage...but I use it mostly for 'sliding' shots (horizonal or angled) and really low to the ground stuff, not so much for 'dolly' shots (straight in or out)...if that makes sense. I also find that no matter how high you decide to raise the head, the best way to get the smoothest slide is to grab the bottom of the head as close to the base as possible. With the head where I have it, I find I can do some nice sliding-pan shots too. One hand low to the carriage slides, while the other pans with the action. (practice, practice, practice)

Looks like this company uses the same stuff...only charges a bit more: http://www.t-jib.com/products2.asp

Do yourself a favor and make one of these, experiment...and most of all have fun. Life is short!

8. Collapse Details
    yea I get why you don't want a hi hat, makes since,

(edited for pointlessnes)
    Last edited by Jason Miller; 08-31-2008 at 10:00 AM.
    Thank You
    Jason Miller
    www.wafflefilms.com

9. Collapse Details
    yea I get why you don't want a hi hat, makes since,

and no it isn't whinning,
    I just felt that this statement
    "Good Lord... check out the web site http://www.igus.com/show_dw.asp ... you can read all about it.

Plastics....advanced synthetic compounds!!! Welcome to the 21st Century."

was way out of line, I had a hard time navigating the site, with minus that are there then disapper when I move my mouse over to click, and reappear 5 inches to the right, its crappy dhtml, so I asked you wnat it was, a simple I dont know would have been fine, but getting angry and being condescending is not acceptable. Take a look at Mr. Gary Sconce, people have asked him hundreds of questions, he has never gotten andgry or snapped or gotten condescending with anyone.

and so you may be Smiling when you write something like that, I'm assuming you understand that I can't see you, so how the hell am I supposed to know you may or may not be joking if you don't add something like lol or even a ha ha?
    LMAO!

O.K. Jason... I think we all get it now for about the 4th time... you were offended by the 'Good Lord'. Way out of line? Can't agree there ....I think you're just having a bad day. I clearly stated that they were plastic, so why would I say I didn't know...and why do you keep saying that? I researched many linear motion systems before deciding on igus... you may want to do the same, here's some more:
    http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/20mmLinearMotionSystems/Kit7429
    http://www.automation4less.com/store/products.asp?cat=1203
    http://www.npa.nsk.com/public/enu/info_351.asp
    http://www.boschrexroth.com/country_units/america/united_states/en/products/brl/product_overview1/linear_motion_systems/index.jsp?gclid=CNbWhsqwt5UCFQiNHgod8CqZRQ
    http://www.linearmotion.skf.com/en/8/cat-cat120-Guiding_systems.html

You are the ONLY one who's had a problem here...so lets just let it go now...deep breaths my friend. Use all that energy to build an awesome slider for yourself!

10. Collapse Details
    ok first of all, can we drop this its pointless,
    second, you know damn well you took that out of context, its a very famous line by billy crystal, or rather a very famous distortion of his line, ment to convey a need for more information, in this case we needed to know which dolly type he wanted to build. any thing can be taken out of context, as you know you took that statement out of context!

now can we please drop this as its serving no point, and move back to the actual diy stuff?
    Last edited by Jason Miller; 08-31-2008 at 10:00 AM.
    Thank You
    Jason Miller
    www.wafflefilms.com

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 293 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast