Page 101 of 293 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2921
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by joesant View Post
    I ordered my rail and carriage about 3 weeks ago. They didn't tell me the carriage was on backorder, I had received the rails and was confused why I didn't get the carriage. So I called them, the New Jersey Igus location, and they said "Yes, it's on backorder and will come in today". Actually, to New Jersey and they'll ship it to me right away... So..... hopefully at the end of the week, which will be Oct 23rd. hope its not nov 20!
    FIXED to make more sense

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacatac View Post
    FIXED to make more sense

Punctuation is a beautiful thing.
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.

3. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Keep in mind that Frank went with the heavier, wider track and a longer carriage. I believe he mounted it to one side to account for the 35mm adapter, etc. on his rig... so it was properly balanced.
    Errr.. No - not exactly.

The camera is already balanced on the head.
    The reason for mounting it of center is, that the monitor/NogaArm will be mounted on the other side.

Usually I have the monitor mounted on the camera, but here I want it on the carriage, so it is not panning with the camera and I get a lower center of gravity (also putting less wight on the head. which is not the strongest)

As long as you use those nylon straps I have you donīt need extra monopods.
    But without them, even my monster tripod is not strong enough to do the trick.
    Also itīs cruisin for a brusin - it will trip over sooner or later or you may ruin your head.

Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

4. Collapse Details
    I ended up ordering two Bogen 680b monopods from B&H
    I was considering the nylon straps, but I feel that I need more support to the ground

how would I go about and attach a handle like yours? yours is from a bicycle?

5. Collapse Details
    Itīs a handlebar extension. I think they call it "bar ends" in the US.

Here are some pretty fancy (but expensive) ones (mine where 12 bucks) : http://www.webersports.com/store/Eas...P1840C115.aspx

I took a 1.5 inch long tube with the same diameter of a bike handle bar, put a washer on top of it and used one of the threaded holes in the carriage and an Allen bolt to secure it in the right position.

et viola - your nifty slider handle for under 15 bucks.

Frank

6. Collapse Details
    great stuff, thanks frank
    i definitely plan on getting a handle as that would really help me smoothen out the slides a bit

i noticed you have allen bolts on the other holes too, did you put them into all 4?

7. Collapse Details
    does anyone have one of these they dont use anymore and would like to sell. i am very interested but dont wanna go through th hassle of buying all the individual parts.

thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracerlo View Post
    i noticed you have allen bolts on the other holes too, did you put them into all 4?
    Yeah, so I can use only 3 sizes of Allen keys for my whole equipment.

Frank

9. Collapse Details
    Just happened across this: http://dvcity.com/dve/product_info.php?products_id=328

Might be a good source for those who don't want to build. I have no idea if this company
    is reliable & have never ordered anything from them. Please be careful and do your research before buying anything.

That said... this sure does look like the igus stuff and a direct copy of the GlideTrack.

10. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Just happened across this: http://dvcity.com/dve/product_info.php?products_id=328

Might be a good source for those who don't want to build. I have no idea if this company
    is reliable & have never ordered anything from them. Please be careful and do your research before buying anything.

That said... this sure does look like the igus stuff and a direct copy of the GlideTrack.

hmm...nice price i s'ppose, but i would hardly call the Zaza a "build".....are people afraid to tap holes these days? sorry, i don't mean to sound condescending. it ain't hard folks! there's a reason this thread is king.
    "Easier than it sounds, harder than it looks."
    Chris Light
    www.vimeo.com/chrislight

Page 101 of 293 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast