Page 170 of 293 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2921
  1. Collapse Details
    Hey Zaza, I nearly finished mine. Thanks for collection all this information.

Will post some footage and pictures probably when I'm finished. Luckily I've got a nice workshop over here, so the assembly is quite easy. Only thing that sucks is the poor range of products in the German home depot equivalent.
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Höfer View Post
    Hey Zaza, I nearly finished mine. Thanks for collection all this information.

Will post some footage and pictures probably when I'm finished. Luckily I've got a nice workshop over here, so the assembly is quite easy. Only thing that sucks is the poor range of products in the German home depot equivalent.
    Now all you need are a pair of the feet and you'll be all set!
    www.zazaslider.com

3. Collapse Details
    did you make any modification?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Yes.. I'll try to get to it this weekend. So far I'm not impressed with the hybrid for our use.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey T View Post
    did you make any modification?
    I've tried a few things:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...postcount=1674

I have not made any mods to the bearing themselves. I'll try to take some pictures of what I have later today if possible. I don't know if people are understanding that the 'wheel' in the new bearing rides along the SIDE of the rail...not on the top. Pictures will probably help. Standby....

5. Collapse Details
    Could it be that maybe it's time to look into a reorientation of the rails if using the new bearings?. I know that throws all our work away but could lead to a better end result down the road.

I got the hybrid bearings today...and well, on a quick pass...not so much.
    First, I put them on a 700mm length of 10-40mm rail I have that is my 'shooter' shoulder mount version. The bearings are only available for the 10mm rail at this time; I'm told they will be making them for the 16mm rail by this summer. They do not fit on the standard carriage but you can still line-up one of the holes.

First I tried adding just one hybrid to the three standard bearings...and there really wasn't any great change, just a little more 'play' in the carriage (which was expected). I then replaced all the others so I was using only hybrid bearings all around. After a bit of tweaking to get a reasonable slide, I discovered these are not as smooth as the standard Drylin bearing. It was as I suspected, these bearings are really designed for heavy hanging loads that put the weight down on the roller and the Drylin bearing is more for alignment...like a heavy, sliding door. In that application, where the weight is down on that roller...sweet!

These didn't slide as smooth as the regular Drylin bearings, had more 'play' and make a bit of noise. I also felt what seemed like an imperfection in the roller that made it feel lopsided, again, not good for a nice smooth slide.

I'm going to test some more and try different combinations, but I really don't see any advantage to these hybrid bearings for a slider so far.

Standby for more soon....

6. Collapse Details
    Have you try to get it to mount as vertical(doesnt need to be at 90deg upright) as possible so that the bearing can be loaded instead of being a guide?
    I've tried a few things:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...postcount=1674

I have not made any mods to the bearing themselves. I'll try to take some pictures of what I have later today if possible. I don't know if people are understanding that the 'wheel' in the new bearing rides along the SIDE of the rail...not on the top. Pictures will probably help. Standby....

7. Collapse Details
    Gonna take it out to a shoot today
    Last edited by stateofmind; 02-27-2010 at 10:29 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    Did anyone "calibrate" their sliders carriage? I haven't and already like the way it moves, but if people have gotten it smoother...can you share how?
    If it aint broke... don't fix it! You can find the official alignment guide in the first post here...or as a downloadable PDF on www.zazaslider.com

BUT... if it slides nice & smooth, why would you want to fiddle with it? The very first one I built was smooth as silk right out of the box too. Still slides perfect.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    Could it be that maybe it's time to look into a reorientation of the rails if using the new bearings?. I know that throws all our work away but could lead to a better end result down the road.
    Playing with these new hybrids... I really don't think this is going to make anything better. You'd have to get single-sided rail (which I've also played with) and align them properly, which is a bitch! If fact, when using single rail, you lock down the bearings on one side of the carriage and the others should be loose and 'float'. This makes a bunch of noise and wobble.

The general idea (for me at least) is to have a very portable, easy to set-up slider....I want things easier in life, not more difficult.

Again... I have to say, so far, the hybrid bearings are not nearly as smooth as the standard Drylins.

NOTE... once I recover from shoveling the additional foot of snow we just got (I'm beginning to hate winter), I'll snap some photos and post them for you guys.

10. Collapse Details
    As requested... the Hybrid bearings.
    Hybrid on left, regular Drylin on right.

Notice 'bump' in side of glide block for the wheel.

Top View. Wheel prevents my simple carriage brake mod...D'ough!!

I didn't have a new plate, so the holes don't line-up.

As you can see, the wheel doesn't support any weight for our use...it runs along the side.

Wheels run on side of rail.

See white wheel in center.

Again, with adjustment, they slide just fine but seem to have a little 'play' because of the wheel.
    You can't just swap them out with the standard bearings because of the new hole spacing.
    Only available for 10mm rail now... 16mm late summer (I'm told).
    Last edited by ZazaCast; 02-28-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Page 170 of 293 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast