Page 292 of 293 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 2926
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Great endorsement, Joe. Keep up the good work & my slider is still sliding strong!
    Thanks Scott...but you've been another long-time user...and one hell of a shooter/editor/producer (not to mention musician) too! Please post some of those
    awesome fashion videos, I love those and YOU are a master of the slide.

2. Collapse Details
    DVXUser Alex H. still using his DIY Slider....5 years and going strong!

3. Collapse Details
    Here's another effort on the camera slider. This one is a DIY motorized project for super inexpensive, check out the Instructable.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    This thread has had over 1 Million views....wow....is that a DVX record? Jason? Mick?

5. Collapse Details
    Well fellow filmmakers, it's been a good run, but the time has come to throw in the towel. Since starting the Slider revolution back in 2008 (yes, it's been that long) there are now SO many choices that it almost doesn't make sense to build your own slider. I have therefore stopped offering complete sliders on the web site. I will how ever continue to offer the parts that I have for those who still see the benefits of building their own slider to there own specifications!

...as an interesting note, I still use the original prototype slider I built back in 2008, have never changed the DryLin bearings and it slides as smoothly as it did the very first day (maybe even smoother).

I can't thank this community enough for the support you've shown...so cheers to you all.
    Now get the parts & information while they are still available, because once they are gone...that's it.

Best,
    -Zaza

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    What???? How could that be??? I had to throw together a quick "In Memorium" video for the beloved Zaza Slider that we all know and love. Look at expressions on these youngsters...how will they survive in a world without Zaza?

In all seriousness, yes the writing has been on the wall for years. So much has changed on the camera tech landscape. With all the various gimbals, drones, affordable steadycams, etc. it almost seems confining to keep the camera on a small track.

BUT!!! I still have mine, in fact, I've gotten some decent use out of it this year. (I usually just throw a DSLR on it, and the slide is great!)

Joe, I hope everything is going well for you. This site has changed so much since we started posting. Now this is just another sad milestone.

Slide 'til ya die!!!

https://vimeo.com/185696429
    Last edited by Scott F; 10-05-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Sony FS700
    My Vimeo

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    What???? How could that be??? I had to throw together a quick "In Memorium" video for the beloved Zaza Slider that we all know and love. Look at expressions on these youngsters...how will they survive in a world without Zaza?

In all seriousness, yes the writing has been on the wall for years. So much has changed on the camera tech landscape. With all the various gimbals, drones, affordable steadycams, etc. it almost seems confining to keep the camera on a small track.

BUT!!! I still have mine, in fact, I've gotten some decent use out of it this year. (I usually just throw a DSLR on it, and the slide is great!)

Joe, I hope everything is going well for you. This site has changed so much since we started posting. Now this is just another sad milestone.

Slide 'til ya die!!!

https://vimeo.com/185696429
    OMG... That's GREAT! Thanks Scott....YOU are the best!
    Continue to enjoy your ZazaSlider (and if you need any parts, let me know)

Best Always,
    -Zaza

8. Collapse Details
    Zaza, sorry to inform you, but your slider thread is a life sentence, no parole for you.

I did this project several years ago and had always wanted to show it off as an alternative to some of the other motorized projects done here. I started off with a Gen 1 Kessler slider with the hand crank option. As many of you know, the original Kessler crank mechanism wasn't the smoothest setup. But all the drive components were there to motorize. Kessler made a motorized kit which looked fine except for the high cost and in order to get different speeds required the purchase of several motors at additional cost. This project cost me some time and about $200 in parts + battery.

Fast forward to some homebrew fabrication. I started looking at the Servo-City motors and controllers which has a huge selection. With some great tech support, I settled on the following scheme which has worked out really well. It includes a servo-recorder which gives manual control as well as a recordable routine for 4 channels. This is really good since once the routine is recorded it can be repeated as many times as preferred. This also has the advantage that once the routine is started, you can worry about the cam and the slider will take care of itself. This particular recorder needs an additional motor controller to work properly with a gear-motor. I wired up a 4 pin XLR for power input. Note that a 7.2v camera motor won't work with these electronics, you will need 12v. I use a Bescor brick. After that, add a gear motor to suit your speed range, motor mount, and some couplings to get into the drive mechanism on the Kessler. I had to build a mount for the whole shebang which was nothing more than some 1/8" flat aluminum plate and some angle for the motor mount. All this required some care to fabricate, but wasn't rocket science. A band saw and drill press is convenient but a sabre saw and hand drill could get it done. I attached the electronics with velcro.

The end result is super smooth, even the start and stop. I can record and keep 4 routines, vary the speed within the motor range, and make bigger changes to speed with a $24 motor swap.

OK now for the photos:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ggrantly; 11-07-2016 at 01:05 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    A few more notes:

The entire motor and controller assy attaches with only 2 screws plus the set screw on the motor coupler. Removal allows the motor setup to be kept in a safer location. I use a Pelican 1200 which can hold the assy, battery and misc stuff. I mounted the assy opposite of the hand crank end of the slider so when removed, the slider will function as original. I did drill and tap a bunch of holes in the slider track to accommodate video head mounting as well as adapters that would get me into a light stand.

Grant

10. Collapse Details
    I used a similar servo city controller.
    P101.jpg
    Regards,

Mark

GH5, Panasonic 12-60, 14-45, 45-175, Olympus 60 macro, 75-300, Benro S6 Tripod, Rhino Carbon 24" Slider, and Edius 8.5 WG.
    Video channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/3523
    Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/mark29#1/2063

Page 292 of 293 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293 LastLast