Page 127 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2921
  1. Collapse Details
    Easy Brake...
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    As promised, here's a very easy brake system for the ZazaSlider.

    It cost all of $4.59 for the 6mm tap & drill set and $.63 for the durlin 6mm thumb screw (two in package).

    It took about 10 minutes. (stupid easy)

    1. remove one of the pillow blocks fro the carriage.
    2. pop-out the drylin bearing
    3. drill a hole in the side of the pillow block between the mounting screw holes.
    4. tap the hole
    5. put the dylin bearing back into place
    6. screw the thumb screw into the hole
    7. re-attach the pillow block to the carriage
    8. slide the carriage back onto the rail and adjust for proper slide.

    When you want to lock the carriage in place, simply screw the thumb screw in until it's tight!

    I recommend using a durlin screw as it is less likely to damage the drylin bearing in any way.

    Happy Braking! ...and Happy New Year.


    Drill between the mounting holes in the pillow block.


    In the loose position, the bearing is unaffected and will slide normally.


    When the thumb screw is tightened, it will squeeze the bearing against the rail and
    lock the carriage in place. The use of a durlin thumb screw will prevent damage to the bearing or rail.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    602
    Default
    well it is a good idea, but from the pure common sens, you are trying to block the system using the only part that is supposed to remove friction.
    i would prefer to make a hole next the one you use to fix the head and arrange for the screw pressing on the center's rail.
    I made this for a previous system using computer rack rail and it worked fine.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by nosys70 View Post
    well it is a good idea, but from the pure common sens, you are trying to block the system using the only part that is supposed to remove friction.
    i would prefer to make a hole next the one you use to fix the head and arrange for the screw pressing on the center's rail.
    I made this for a previous system using computer rack rail and it worked fine.
    Knock yourself out. It's easy, cheap & works like a charm!


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    13
    Default
    LOVE the durlin screw idea...I'm eager to implement this when igus actually ships me my gear! I'd imagine have the thumbscrew means you can greatly adjust the amount of pressure you want?


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Default
    hi,
    i want to build something like that for follow focus, buit i don't know what is the parts that i need.
    any help?


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by EsseJ View Post
    LOVE the durlin screw idea...I'm eager to implement this when igus actually ships me my gear! I'd imagine have the thumbscrew means you can greatly adjust the amount of pressure you want?
    Yes, if you'd like a little more resistance to your slide, you can just adjust the screw. When its screwed-out, there's no difference in the slide.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by iwfd View Post
    hi,
    i want to build something like that for follow focus, buit i don't know what is the parts that i need.
    any help?
    Everything here is about the ZazaSlider. There are a bunch of DIY threads on a follow focus, I'd search there.

    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=185853

    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=189621


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Everything here is about the ZazaSlider. There are a bunch of DIY threads on a follow focus, I'd search there.

    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=185853

    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=189621

    i want to build a slider like this one
    Attached Images Attached Images


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by iwfd View Post
    i want to build a slider like this one
    That's not a slider.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Default
    it;s is ok if i order from here: http://www.igus.co.uk/wpck/default.aspx?PageNr=2004 ? i-m in europa
    Last edited by iwfd; 01-02-2010 at 02:41 AM.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 127 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •