Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I think a little more voting time would help. We'll stretch it out next time so that every piece gets as much feedback as possible.

And don't take it too personally. I know it's hard as a writer not to, the best thing to do is to keep writing. Some pieces you write will be technically strong but won't connect for whatever reason. It helps to take what was strong with the piece, do that the next time, take what was weak with the piece, and focus extra strong on those issues.

2. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by chapelgrovefilms View Post
    I feel your pain. I think the word is shock.
    So that makes three of us in the same boat, then.

I am not trying to be cocky, I felt that the script had several weak spots. My opinion was that once CHLOE was introduced the whole thing went to hell. But, as I have said before, this was because sci-fi is NOT my genre. Looking forward to the next fest. I'm not going to give up just because I placed in the double digits (and then some )

3. Collapse Details
    So i guess this is a free will thing. But I am happy to say I finished 20 out of 40. I think I wrote a very solid piece technically as far as writing for screen goes and I think I wrote something thats visually easy to perceive and shoot - I think that also comes from a working knowledge of what shots will work etc. I have some loose ends, that became evident and considering those I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I mean comments I got back, support what I have said above.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

4. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    Well I'll say 'Alien Abduction' finished 19th out of 40. Can't quite use the word 'happy' to describe that, though. I do appreciate the positive comments as well as the constructive criticisms. Some of it was dead on target. Thanks.
    David W. Richardson
    Writer/Producer/Director/Editor
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1400903/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

5. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Ninth place here.

Considering that it was a comedy bit... I'm quite happy with the results. The top 3 turned out to be quite what I expected. Great entries.

Well done, everyone!

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

6. Collapse Details
    22nd here...

7. Collapse Details
    Knight of the Holy Order krestofre's Avatar
    31st here. Which doesn't bother me as a result, but just about the only feedback I received in the thread was positive, so obviously it didn't work for some people. I'd really apprecaite knowing why. If anyone out there really hated Autonomous, please hop in the thread and tell me why. You won't hurt my feelings, and you'll help me improve my craft.
    Chris Johnson

8. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    I doubt people hated it. I think some people probably didn't get around to reading and reviewing ALL the scripts, only some of them. So some scripts got more votes as a result. The more votes, the better chances for a higher score. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway.
    David W. Richardson
    Writer/Producer/Director/Editor
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1400903/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

9. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krestofre View Post
    31st here. Which doesn't bother me as a result, but just about the only feedback I received in the thread was positive, so obviously it didn't work for some people. I'd really apprecaite knowing why. If anyone out there really hated Autonomous, please hop in the thread and tell me why. You won't hurt my feelings, and you'll help me improve my craft.
    Unfortunately, you can never tell that way. I've seen great short films that get nothing but rave reviews and still they do not place. Yet... other films that get a lot of criticism sometimes place much higher.

You never can tell.

I posted what I thought of it.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

10. Collapse Details
    23rd for mine, not bad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast