Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Scene files for HPX-2000
    I'm a "new owner" (and new to dvxuser) of a HPX-2000 P2 and I'm looking for scene files that enhances color. For example, the JVC GY-HD 100-200 series of cameras were literally "brought to life" when a popular DP calibrated these cameras with a Chroma DuMonde card and a waveform vectorscope, and posted the settings to his website. He called them "TrueColor" and did several versions, including one for the Canon XH A1. (Visit http://paolociccone.com/blog/ and go to the Camera Calibration link in his blog.) Video from HPX-2000 looks great...but seems a little washed out or bland with just the factory default paint settings. Also, is there a source for other downloadable "effects" scene files for the HPX-2000?
    Thanks for any direction/advice on this!!!

2. Collapse Details
    Within a month or so, there should be some on the Panasonic website. You will find a link on the product page under resources.

Best,

Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

3. Collapse Details
    Thats great news Jan. Any chance of there being sample clips from the 2000 on the site as well? I am in Vancouver and no one here seems to rent that camera; just the 500 and the 3000. I am considering it for purchase over the 500 but would like to see what its capable of first. (I know, even if its on a computer screen for now!!)

cheers
    Ryan Skeete
    www.ryanskeete.com

4. Collapse Details
    Not sure that we will have clips on the site, but there will be Frame Grabs with flesh tones, along with a Chroma DuMonde shot and Vectorscope display capture.
    Best,

Jan

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Jan!!! The Chroma DuMonde shot and Vectorscope display will help a lot. Did you see what Paulo Ciccione did on his site for the JVC and Canon camera? I'm sure stuff like that for the HPX would be really exciting for a lot of 500/2000/3000/ect., users!!!
    Thanks again for letting me know about this....and it's good to know that Panasonic is interested in helping users get the "Best" out of their equipment.

Erick Petersen

6. Collapse Details
    If you YAHOO "Panasonic Scene Files" up comes a site from Panasonic with aj-SPX900 scene files. Problem for me is that when I right click and save the various scene files to a SPX800 formated SD card, the later camera cannot read them ! I suppose I could print out the various scene files and manually enter all the values. Another problem is that I shoot 30p and not sure whuich scene files would be compatable with the 30p format.

Patrick

7. Collapse Details
    Hi,

If you take the numbers from the scene files and enter them into the SPX800, they will work just fine. The SPX and the SDX have the same Chip set. The reason it cannot read them directly is the little handshake in the opening of the files. Now the frame rate has absolutely nothing to do with those files. Those files are only colorimetry.

Hope that helps,

Jan
    Last edited by Jan_Crittenden; 09-07-2008 at 04:35 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Can I edit the spx900 scene file text so the spx800 thinks it is seeing a spx800 "handshake" Thanks, Patrick

9. Collapse Details
    I don't think so, it really would take less time to just take the numbers from the SDX file, put them into the SPX camera and save it.

Best,

Jan
    Last edited by Jan_Crittenden; 09-07-2008 at 04:35 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    Hey Jan,

Can you send a link to where you think the 2000 scene files will end up?? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to find the "resource" page on the broadcast site. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast