Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Okay, new minimal file is uploaded with all directory structure intact. Small 720/24p file with detail +7 (as requested earlier), another small 720/60p file.
    http://www.dreamoncreative.com/~dvxuser/PRIVATE.zip
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 08-26-2008 at 08:28 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Hey Barry,

Thanks again for all your help.. I tried to download the new files and it said I don't have permission? Weird.. Also, that older footage you shot of the bird on the beach looks amazing.. Wow!!! I slow mo'd it and I really can't believe how good it looks. My Brides are gona look so good in slow mo..

Also, for all you DVX user guys who want an HMC, call Julian at Audio Video Supply in San Deigo CA.. 858 565-1101 Ext. 434 He can sell them to DVXusers for a great price. Sorry I can't say on the forum, but I will say I already put my credit card info down with him. I feel like it's a great deal.

B.p.
    Last edited by impressive creations; 08-26-2008 at 05:53 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    When I try to download, I receive this error message

You don’t have permission to view “PRIVATE.zip”.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Okay, new minimal file is uploaded with all directory structure intact. Small 720/24p file with detail +7 (as requested earlier), another small 720/60p file.
    http://www.dreamoncreative.com/~dvxuser/PRIVATE.zip
    Thanks for putting the files, but like others I can't access the files either...

Also, could you post a 720/30p file?

Thanks,

Bob Diaz
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 08-26-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: fixed link

5. Collapse Details
    Finally, oops it protected.
    Can't download password required . Logging in as anonymous doesn't work either.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by impressive creations View Post
    Also, that older footage you shot of the bird on the beach looks amazing.. Wow!!! I slow mo'd it and I really can't believe how good it looks.
    That's kind of what I thought.

8. Collapse Details
    Those are pretty sharp I. Personally I think the one with drs set to 1 looks better.
    Thanks Barry ,will we get to see the footage that was shot outside with the letus ultimate anytime soon ?
    Last edited by Everts; 08-26-2008 at 09:24 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Okay, low light testing between a DVX and an HMC150. Ladies and gentlemen, simply put, the torch has been passed.

These tests were conducted with roughly the same scene file settings, in a room lit only by two little 14w compact fluorescent light bulbs in an overhead fixture. The DVX was a DVX100B, the latest and greatest of that generation, in 16:9 squeeze mode. The HMC150 doesn't shoot standard-def, so it was shot in 720/30P and 720/60P and exported as standard-def from EDIUS. Both cameras were set next to each other, with the lenses fully zoomed out and the iris totally open and the shutter set to "off" and the ND filters set to "off".

Here's a raw sensitivity test, 30P to 30P, with 0dB of gain on both.

They look pretty comparable for brightness, I guess, but as for noise and clarity the HMC150 is spanking the DVX100B. Noise is especially visible on the videogame screen and on the wall to the left of the videogame. And remember, this is the new lower-noise DVX100B we're talking about!

But, if you're in really low light conditions, remember that the DVX is 1 stop faster in 60i mode than it is in 30P mode. How would gain affect the situation? We know that 18dB is nasty noisy on the DVX, so how about cranking the HMC150 all the way up to 720/60P @ 18dB? That should give us an idea of just how they really compare in the worst low-light conditions, right? Behold...

These results are pretty surprising to me. I could have pushed the DVX to 18dB as well, but seeing as the noise is already objectionable at 12dB I think that at 18dB it'd look brighter but worse.

The 150, however, even on 18dB of gain is showing practically no noise in this downconverted still! Now, keep in mind some of the HMC150's excellence is coming from resizing from HD down to SD, but -- how else could you properly compare them? It'd be theoretical at best to compare SD to HD, so... I think most people looking for ultimate-low-light performance are still delivering on standard-def DVD, right? And if so, no question the HMC150 is way better than the DVX100B. Sensitivity is comparable but the noise performance is just so much cleaner and the image is so much sharper. DVX, you've had a good run, but the HMC150 has got your number.
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 08-26-2008 at 09:33 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Wow .

Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast