1. Collapse Details
    Casting call rip-offs
    I do a number of casting calls a year. What I have noticed is many of the companies that charge a membership will scan the web for casting calls, copy and paste them into their own sites, and call it new.

A few of my castings have been bouncing around for a while, and long after their expiration. One company copies and posts it as theirs, then someone else takes it from them, and so on.

I get resumes sent to me that aren't even remotely close to what I was looking for. I tracked a few of the scum bags down and saw they had altered the casting calls.

Moral of the story?

Don't trust any of the castings on membership sites. I'm sure many are valid, but my guess is they are just trying to 'fill out' their casting calls to look like they are a good value.

Me? I have to send out many emails explaining the role has been filled. These days I just tell them the casting was 'ripped off' and has expired.

My take is many companies just want to cash in on the pursuit of big dream, not unlike TV evangelists. Be wary. Lot of pocket fishing going on out there in the world of acting.

a

2. Collapse Details
    In Los Angeles, basically don't trust anyone until you thoroughly investigate them.
    Actor / Musician

3. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Marshall View Post
    In Los Angeles, basically don't trust anyone until you thoroughly investigate them.
    I don't know if we should trust your advice or not. You're in L.A., aren't you?

4. Collapse Details
    Yes. And please don't thoroughly investigate me. It freaks me out...
    Actor / Musician

5. Collapse Details
    Something fishy about that guy ^^^^ I don't trust him..........................hmph!

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah... I had that happen. I'm in Toronto and all of a sudden I was getting these people from North Carolina, California, all over the place wanting to audition. I did get some rather hilarious ones, though, so I must say the laughs made it a little less bothersome.