Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Marshall View Post
    Not to mention the extra expense of ink cartridges (or color toner) and good paper to print the headshots on. It's also much much easier to flip through a digital "photo book" than flip through a stack of headshots.

If you really want to get fancy, you can set up some sort of database (using Access or whatever) and categorize all the headshots you have according to hair color, eye color, special skills, or whatever.
    Exactly! Hard copy headshots and resumes are SO 20th century!

David W. Richardson
    Writer/Producer/Director/Editor
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1400903/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

2. Collapse Details
    i prefer a hi-res scan so i can print it out. because i like to tape top contenders to the walls of my office (aka "the crazy room") so i can see their faces next to other actors faces who are up for complimentary roles. helps me visualize them together in certain scenes.

that being said, and this is admittedly a generalization, but i find that the sort of actor who mails you a headshot and resume after reading a casting call in a printed publication (like backstage west) is much more serious about their profession -- which correlates to punctuality, level of training, commitment, etc -- than their online counterparts who just need to click a button or two to submit the digital equivalent of a h/r to your casting director.
    Last edited by Zak Forsman; 08-05-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

3. Collapse Details
    ...because i like to tape top contenders to the walls of my office (aka "the crazy room") so i can see their faces next to other actors faces who are up for complimentary roles. helps me visualize them together in certain scenes.
    This is exactly what I do.

I also very much agree with your second paragraph.

4. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    Everyone has their own process. As long as it works for you, that's all that matters.

David W. Richardson
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions

5. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Marshall View Post
    Not to mention the extra expense of ink cartridges (or color toner) and good paper to print the headshots on. It's also much much easier to flip through a digital "photo book" than flip through a stack of headshots.

If you really want to get fancy, you can set up some sort of database (using Access or whatever) and categorize all the headshots you have according to hair color, eye color, special skills, or whatever.
    Hmmm.....maybe I'll design an Access database for producers and casting directors. One that is searchable by various criteria, and will display a split screen with the actor's headshot on one side and his resume on the other. That might be a handy little piece of software to have, eh?

David W. Richardson
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chapelgrovefilms View Post
    Everyone has their own process. As long as it works for you, that's all that matters.

well, no that's not all that matters. there is the issue of "results". uwe boll has a process that works for him and his results speak for themselves.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

7. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    well, no that's not all that matters. there is the issue of "results". uwe boll has a process that works for him and his results speak for themselves.
    I consider 'results' to be part of the equation that determines whether or not a process 'works'.
    David W. Richardson
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions

8. Collapse Details
    Well, I take for granted that people are able to watch a picture that is larger than your screen.

Every normal picture viewer can scale it down to fit your screen. Where is the problem? I use Irfanview, which is free. http://www.irfanview.com/
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12