Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    And as soon as we can get 5 good prod companies that produce movies regularly, I'm sure we won't loose many people to LA anymore.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you can come to LA where there is immensely more opportunity to work. I dont care if you come to LA or not. Not true. I wish people would stay out. But to say you can have the same opportunity anywhere? It's just not so.

What you are making is excuses to not come to LA. When you have an entire industry here with 1000s of agencies and 1000s of casting sessions a day for 95+% of the movies being made in the country as well as TV and a very healthy stage community.... and you are waiting for FIVE production companies to make it to Atlanta? What?

The fewer transplants we have, the better, though. Tommy is enough to deal with.

2. Collapse Details
    I'll be there soon!
    Will act for food! | The Blog | The Site

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details
    I can't stop laughing at that, Gage.

Will act for food! | The Blog | The Site

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tasialabastro View Post
    I'll be there soon!
    Cool. When will you be heading this way?
    Actor / Musician

6. Collapse Details
    Oh.....so sorry..... LA's closed. Try ATL.

7. Collapse Details
    ATL isn't open yet. They only have four production companies.
    Actor / Musician

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GageFX View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you can come to LA where there is immensely more opportunity to work. I dont care if you come to LA or not. Not true. I wish people would stay out. But to say you can have the same opportunity anywhere? It's just not so.

What you are making is excuses to not come to LA. When you have an entire industry here with 1000s of agencies and 1000s of casting sessions a day for 95+% of the movies being made in the country as well as TV and a very healthy stage community.... and you are waiting for FIVE production companies to make it to Atlanta? What?

The fewer transplants we have, the better, though. Tommy is enough to deal with.
    Do your own thing. But I feel like you have to have a plan. RRodriguez, George Lucas, Spike Lee and many others have found their way outside of LA. To say you have to stay in LA is crazy. Good work is good work, it doesn't matter where it's coming from. More movies are starting to be made overseas and in Canada as we speak. I'm not saying LA is dead, I'm just saying there are lots of opportunities - you just have to get off your butt and go find them.

Talking like that is like a company who makes 35mm Film Cameras. Everyone's talking Digital, but they keep hiding behind 35mm. As the gap closes, they don't pay attention until one day no one's buying 35mm anymore and now they have to quickly try to play catch up.

It doesn't bother me that you'll feel that way. I think LA is great in a lot of ways. But I don't think it's the only way.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Marshall View Post
    ATL isn't open yet. They only have four production companies.
    Actually Atlanta has a few great production companies here. Unfortunately they are not producing enough films on the regular. Right now Atlanta pretty much controls the market for African-American cinema. And soon, I'm sure many other films will follow. North Carolina is putting out lots of films, along with Louisianna (the other LA). So the Southeast is growing, we took over music while the North East and the West Cost were battling over stupid things, don't under estimate us on movies. Many of us have our eyes on hollywood, and once enough capital and ideas are in place, we may be able to give LA a little run for their money.

10. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jls4 View Post
    Actually Atlanta has a few great production companies here. Unfortunately they are not producing enough films on the regular. Right now Atlanta pretty much controls the market for African-American cinema. And soon, I'm sure many other films will follow. North Carolina is putting out lots of films, along with Louisianna (the other LA). So the Southeast is growing, we took over music while the North East and the West Cost were battling over stupid things, don't under estimate us on movies. Many of us have our eyes on hollywood, and once enough capital and ideas are in place, we may be able to give LA a little run for their money.

You did take over rap music for sure. Damn soulja boy. I go to LA once a year just to hang out. There is no way I could live there though. It is waaaay too expensive. You can make movies anywhere and If you're good enough Hollywood will come to you.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast