Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    To be clear, I was specifically referring to this part of the original post:

Unless one is playing a homeless man, Ugly Betty, or a silent character?
    Certainly a person can ACT with bad teeth. The ROLE the person ends up in is something else.

2. Collapse Details
    I wasn't addressing you...my reply was to the OP.

3. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    YES... what kind of question is that? Sorry... but some of the best actors in the world don't have much that is "perfect"... the whole thing is "will it be interesting enough?" and often "non-perfect" are deeper wiser and more interesting... so if all you care about is physical beauty and don't care about all of the other forms of beauty then I guess no is the answey, but all you have to do is rent a few acclamated award winning movies and you will find that not everyone is "beautiful"... sorry if you don't like the tone of my answer but I am pissed of at the question... period. I'll try to stay away from this thread so that I don't end up saying something that get's me banned. DON'T PERPETRATE SHALLOW HOLLYWOOD... BREAK THE MOLD!

4. Collapse Details
    DON'T PERPETRATE SHALLOW HOLLYWOOD... BREAK THE MOLD!
    Good luck with that.

5. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by GageFX View Post
    Good luck with that.
    THere is no such thing as trying, and I won't expect luck to make it happen, but thank you nontheless, I guess.

6. Collapse Details
    You can try and break the mold all you want, and yeah... good luck. But the fact is, and always will be, Hollywood is a very shallow town...

But, as was mentioned, characters can get away with a lot more... they can have bad teeth, bad hair, they can be fat, they can have only one arm... they're not trying to get the "leading man" or "leading woman" roles.

There's NOTHING wrong with being a character actor...
    Actor / Musician

7. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    Listen I am not insane either, just passionate... so you can also get a patched eye on legged fat hairy sweaty lead and add a bunch of other people around them too... there are no rules, just a balance... and that also doesn't mean that you need ANY "beautiful" people in your project... all you need is for your project to be beautifull... will it be harder to get people to watch it? sure... are you trying to make some quick cash? get some bimbos to fight half naked on areality show... I say you join me in trying to make movies that are deeper than that, and by all means, get "beautiful" people in them, I do too, but look for more than that... what I am furious is that someone would question if non "beautiful" people are out of the game... OF COURSE NOT, no way... and there are TONS AND TONS of movies that prove that... there are no dumb questions but there are not always nice answers... that is just retarded... sorry... act in your own movie man... and if you want to make it better add a little depth to it by making a nice example where "beautifull" people envy "ugly" people for their achievements, wisdom, etc............................................... ............

8. Collapse Details
    I think the beautiful people do better on television, honestly... There are a LOT of people that have had (and have) very good careers despite not being extremely good looking...

These people surely aren't ugly, but they're not the best looking...

1) Tobey Maguire
    2) Shai Lebuff (whatever)
    3) Harrison Ford
    4) Susan Surandon
    5) Meryl Streep

And they're all considered "leading" types...
    Actor / Musician

9. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    I never said that "beautiful" people can't be beautiful on the inside... don't know if you thought I said that, but just to clarify... by no means do I believe that... Julia Roberts is AWESOME in my book, and on top of that she is quite beautiful... no need to give examples, but I hope everyone understands my point here... otherwise I will feel severely dissapointed on the DVXuser member base tonight...

10. Collapse Details
    add a little depth to it by making a nice example where "beautifull" people envy "ugly" people
    How does this add "depth"? It's only pushing one agenda ("ugly") over another ("beautiful").

And Tommy, they might not be your type, but I would say the majority of women would disagree with you on your male actor choices. I wont argue with the female choices, though. But I'm REALLY shallow. I put one arbitrary trait over others.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast