Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    You can get pretty far without perfect teeth. Look at the bottom row for Kevin Costner or Mel Gibson. Or look at Steve Buscemi (who clearly is not basing his career on perfect looks anyway but rather on strong character acting).

Anyway, it depends. Bad teeth will really hurt you for commercials. For character roles, they have the potential to make you stand out if they're unique without being an unpleasant distraction (eg. something like Jewel's teeth).

The point is, you don't want them to be something that doesn't fit the characters you'll be auditioning for. And you don't want them to be so difficult to look at that they prevent you from being believable on film as that character or have them "steal the show."

Having "some broken front teeth" sounds like something to the point where you might want to get them fixed. But maybe it is just the choice of wording that makes it sound kind of extreme.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    Gage's teeth.

Need I say more?

BTW, this is just a mild attempt to lighten up the thread.

Hey, I never gave you permission to use my headshot!

3. Collapse Details
    Panamaniac
    posting this is just plain retarded... and you made my point that you are just trying to win an argument instead of furthering your own intellect.
    Quote Originally Posted by GageFX View Post
    Thread. Like a string running through the conversation.
    And one last thing about this:

Quote Originally Posted by GageFX View Post
    That aside, you are still proposing to boost one group over another. And that is discrimination.
    Then I guess you are trying to put your fingers in your ears and close your eyes cause there IS an imbalance and setting the scale straight is NOT discrimination! What kind of logic is that?!? You know what Gage, you win... here is a piece of candy. Have fun trying to debate just for the fun of it, I'll move on to doing more important things with my life. Don't try to incite a response... I said you win, congrats.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by seunosewa View Post
    I've been thinking about playing roles in some of my films, but I have some broken front teeth. Is this a deal breaker?
    I don't know. Why not ask the entire country of England?! BA DA BUMP! Ha...be here all week folks...yeah, you know the rest....
    Formally known as rlm7189...

5. Collapse Details
    posting this is just plain retarded... and you made my point that you are just trying to win an argument instead of furthering your own intellect.
    Maybe the guy made a typo, maybe he thinks the word is "threat". Correcting him can only help. You may be content to let him think the word is "threat". I dont see your issue with me correcting it. If it's a typo, he can say "Yeah, I know... it was a typo." If he learned something new, he can say "huh... I didnt know that." Or if he is you, who is not involved in that conversation, you can just get all upset. If that makes you feel better.

I dont need to WIN anything. We are having a DISCUSSION, not a COMPETITION.

Affirmative action: There are too many white people in Universities and in the workplace, therefore we need to REDUCE the amount of whites admitted and BOOST the amount of minorities admitted. Even if the WHITES are just as qualified or MORE qualified, the MINORITIES will be given PRIORITY. To BOOST one group by HOLDING BACK another group. Only thing is, as of 2006, the U.S. was 76% white. So logically, shouldnt they make up about 76% of both universities and the workforce?

OR.... you have the "pretties" and the "uglies". You are not only suggesting to cast more "uglies", but that it is morally superior to do so.

And I think that not only are you wrong, but your moral compass is out of whack.

How about you cast whomever is required for a particular role? How about you cat the best person regardless of their asthetic status?

Don't try to incite a response... I said you win, congrats.
    Again, it's called a discussion. Expect what you post in a public forum to be commented on.

6. Collapse Details
    stop.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

7. Collapse Details
    Veneers are pretty damn expensive as well. if you were to get them I wouldnt recommend getting sucked into the 'go abroad' scheme, there are some places in turkey etc that do it on the cheap. BUT you can tell they are cheap by looking at them.. I looked in to the Beverly Hills clinic last week in LA and you couldnt walk out of there without spending at least 20k on a new set of pearly whites. I am looking into it myself, I personally think it help, the smile is the main feature of the face I think, it depends what your looking for in your career.

8. Collapse Details
    If you want to be on a soap opera, then get your teeth fixed. Otherwise, I'd say leave it alone. Having imperfect physical traits will only help you stand apart from the (insanely huge) number of people you're up against for roles.
    Actor / Musician

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345