View Poll Results: Would you like a forum just for acting?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

55 74.32%
  • Sure, why not?

11 14.86%
  • Ehh...

5 6.76%
  • No thanks.

3 4.05%

Thread: Acting forum?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by GageFX View Post
    I think that acting should just go in the EFFECTS forum since you guys will be replaced soon anyway.

(And everything else is grouped in there.)
    Kiss my arse!

On a serious note, Tommy, I agree. I look around and I think "Well, I can't help with technical stuff...audio...etc..." Luckily I write so I can post in there and I keep up with the fests and the Café, an acting forum would give me one more reason for me to be here. Not that I need reasons to be here, but to show the mods that I actually have something worthwhile to say which might keep me around for a bit longer.

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah, Nick, you have the writing forum. I'm not a writer so I can't even visit that forum to offer advice or anything. I'm pretty much stuck in the cafe and the festival forums (and Photoshop)
    Actor / Musician

3. Collapse Details
    Seems like a good idea I'm no actor my self but it makes sense a film forum would have a acting forum. I guess it all comes down to how many actors we have here other wise it will may end up being the Tom Marshall forum + acting

In all seriousness though I think a acting forum would be good!
    Last edited by triplej96; 07-26-2008 at 12:10 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    You freakin' actors, always having to have something else for you & your little diva attitudes!

KIDDING!

Yes, I think it'd be a swell idea as it would just help to further round out what DVXuser has become ... a filmmakers resource for learning AND networking!

Having good talent be a part of your project is extremely important, and I'm positive there would be value in such a forum.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

5. Collapse Details
    I'm no actor either but would like to get some insight as to what they discuss.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

6. Collapse Details
    I think acting threads fit pretty well in the Directing forum. Definitely a very small niche among the tech heads and production people on this site.

I've acted plenty, and love it, but it doesn't seem like there'd be that much to talk about... ?

And hey, if we can't even get a wedding/events videography sub-forum going...If that's not a video production topic, I don't know what is.

7. Collapse Details
    I'm not going to vote No though. Looks like I'm the Debbie Downer in the group.

8. Collapse Details
    Definitely yes! Even though there are not so many actors around right now, such a subforum might attract more actors in the future. That's often a weak part in indie films, the lack of good actors.
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

9. Collapse Details
    I think its a great idea. Coming from the other side of the fence not knowing squat about acting I think it would be a great way to learn a little more.

10. Collapse Details
    I support that.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast