DVXUSER.COM PRESENTS TwilightFest
Theme: Everything may not be as it appears...perhaps there's a sneaking feeling that something is seriously wrong here...or maybe you're caught between two worlds or realities where anything can happen...
Think The Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt, Night Gallery, The Outer Limits, American Gothic, Tales from the Darkside, Amazing Stories....etc. Good luck to all the filmmakers and we look forward to your entries!
Rules (please read carefully, we have some NEW rules)
- Films can be in any genre as long as they adhere to the above theme. If you have any questions about whether your film conforms to the theme please ask. Examples and further explanations of the theme will follow in a different thread, but in general the theme will need to include some fantastical, science-fiction, supernatural, or otherwise unexplainable element or elements.
- All films must be no longer than six minutes (6:00) total (including credits).
- The following elements must be included:
- Film Title (any format and can appear anywhere in the film),
- DVXuser leader--this will be posted on the web site by October 1 and must be at the beginning of your film--no exceptions! (the runtime of the leader does not count against your six minutes).
- REQUIRED ELEMENT: All films must CLEARLY include a ball in at least one scene. Guys--don't be too subtle here--we want to see a clearly visible ball. At the time of upload you will be required to point out where in the film the element appears for one occurrence via time code. (clarification 1) (clarification 2)
- All cameras are eligible to participate and for prizes.
- Content must be "R" rated or lower. If you are unsure; ASK.
- No copyright violations, you *must* use licensed or royalty-free music.
- All filmmakers agree to grant DVXuser.com and its agents non-exclusive rights for their films to appear on a DVD or for DVXuser-sanctioned public screenings.
- Deliverables must be provided as an h.264 compressed file (either .mov or .mp4) with a maximum size of 50 MB. Uploading website will be announced in the future.
- All aspect ratios are acceptable.
- Contest open to every country and films may be in any language. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
- All films must be made between July 15, 2008 and October 27, 2008 and must not have been publicly screened prior to the start of viewing. The entry deadline is 11:00 am Pacific Time on October 27, 2008. The upload system is not yet open; we will announce when uploading is open.
- Outside promotion is not allowed.
- Voting is limited to members with a minimum of 50 posts on the site. Other restrictions may be announced when voting is opened.
- Films may be entered in other festivals as long as they aren’t screened prior to November 1, 2008.
- Users may enter their film anonymously, but must clear this with the DVXUser moderators before they post their film thread in the forum.
- All films will be prescreened by DVXFest staff for compliance with festival rules. Entries that aren't approved will be notified by a moderator and may be re-submitted with corrections up until the deadline. The festival moderators have sole and final say, on a case by case basis if necessary.
- No entry fee.
- You may enter up to two films as the primary filmmaker. There is no limitation to how many films you may work on.
- Prizes, if any, will be announced.
- Uploading details will be announced in the near future. When screening opens, films will not be listed alphabetically, they will be listed for viewing in the order received.
Thread: Official Twilight Fest Rules
Results 1 to 10 of 269
07-17-2008 12:23 PM
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
Last edited by Barry_Green; 09-01-2008 at 08:02 AM. Reason: color coded "BIG 3" required elements and theme clarification
07-17-2008 01:07 PM
Make sure Dustin Rogan knows the meaning of "ball"Actor / Musician
07-17-2008 01:30 PM
Tommy will be the final judge. He knows just what Rogan's balls look like.
07-17-2008 01:39 PM
Barry, can you please clarify to allow outside promotion that points people back here? So no outside websites, but we should be able to announce our film on Reduser, MySpace, etc. that points back to a page here. It would be good for all.Formerly user 'shawneous'.
"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
07-17-2008 01:51 PM
Wait, the rules were announced, this means I have ti start coming up with ideas for people. s*%t! So much for a nice long break...
Best of luck everyone!- Nick | My DVXuser Blog (This is a secret message).
- Join Date
- Dec 2005