Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    I have to say I was very impressed with both Mike & Tim. They did a great job for me and this was a first film for both of them. I found them on Craigslist...damn, they wouldn't even let me buy them lunch on shoot days and both brought bag lunches! Then... they helped set-up and brakedown too. I will be working with them in the future. GREAT guys.
    wow. very cool! lucky find! some of the more natural actors in the fest.
    From the makers of Breathe, Don't Look, Moments, Tailight, Hollow, and North.

Now with Behind the Scenes.and screen grabs.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    I have to say I was very impressed with both Mike & Tim. They did a great job for me and this was a first film for both of them. I found them on Craigslist...damn, they wouldn't even let me buy them lunch on shoot days and both brought bag lunches! Then... they helped set-up and brakedown too. I will be working with them in the future. GREAT guys.
    They'll learn. Just give them time.
    Actor / Musician

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Marshall View Post
    They'll learn. Just give them time.
    Tom! LMAO....yeah, with my luck they'll both want trailers for the next film!

4. Collapse Details
    Hey, ZaZa, good job on this one.

The cinematography was well crafted. I liked the clever framing, use of shadows, rack focuses, etc. The color came across like an experiment that had it's moments, but didn't work for me the entire film. Otherwise, loved the movement of the camera. Well done!

I also liked the acting here. You two leads did a fine job with the material, and that's a credit to you as director (and as the credits list, almost everything else too.)

Unfortunately, I had to read through the thread to find out exactly happened. It makes sense now, and after another viewing, seems much clearer.

Overall, a fine piece. With Enchanted and Twisted, I see the potential for some more really great work ahead. Congrats on getting two films in. It sometimes seems impossible to complete only one.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie White View Post
    Hey, ZaZa, good job on this one.

The cinematography was well crafted. I liked the clever framing, use of shadows, rack focuses, etc. The color came across like an experiment that had it's moments, but didn't work for me the entire film. Otherwise, loved the movement of the camera. Well done!

I also liked the acting here. You two leads did a fine job with the material, and that's a credit to you as director (and as the credits list, almost everything else too.)

Unfortunately, I had to read through the thread to find out exactly happened. It makes sense now, and after another viewing, seems much clearer.

Overall, a fine piece. With Enchanted and Twisted, I see the potential for some more really great work ahead. Congrats on getting two films in. It sometimes seems impossible to complete only one.

Thanks so much for taking the time to watch & comment...you have no idea how helpful this insight is! Cheers to you!

6. Collapse Details
    Added the trailer I did way back when. Too bad we can't post these things earlier with our posters. It could be a lot of fun.

I just wanted to test the new 24mm lens I just got...so I figured this might be fun.

http://www.vimeo.com/1872647

7. Collapse Details
    If anyone is sitting around...stuffed with turkey and all the fixin's...and is bored with the football games...please take a moment to watch and comment on this film.

I would consider it a personal favor.

Happy Thanksgiving!

8. Collapse Details
    It's most certainly disorienting from the get-go. Kept me in my seat.

First, I liked the two leads and felt that they were pretty good oppositions to one another. I also think the structure of the film works much like something along the lines of 21 Grams; the more we get from the present, the more we get from the past.

But, I also think that the music used in the colder sequences felt just a little forced and too much, I guess.

It's interesting the way the two characters set up as almost a socio-political-economical dimorphism, expressing different opinions of philosophy on their current situation and their milieu.

It's not without flaws, but certainly intriguing.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawsuit_Boy View Post
    It's most certainly disorienting from the get-go. Kept me in my seat.

First, I liked the two leads and felt that they were pretty good oppositions to one another. I also think the structure of the film works much like something along the lines of 21 Grams; the more we get from the present, the more we get from the past.

But, I also think that the music used in the colder sequences felt just a little forced and too much, I guess.

It's interesting the way the two characters set up as almost a socio-political-economical dimorphism, expressing different opinions of philosophy on their current situation and their milieu.

It's not without flaws, but certainly intriguing.
    Thanks! I think you were on the nose here. I was trying for a tribal, raw feel in the kidnap music...you know, the struggle, the fight, our animal brain. might have missed that mark.

I appreciate you taking the time to watch & comment.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425