Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Results 241 to 249 of 249
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Bryce A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Steinbeck's California
    Posts
    218
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    I have to say I was very impressed with both Mike & Tim. They did a great job for me and this was a first film for both of them. I found them on Craigslist...damn, they wouldn't even let me buy them lunch on shoot days and both brought bag lunches! Then... they helped set-up and brakedown too. I will be working with them in the future. GREAT guys.
    wow. very cool! lucky find! some of the more natural actors in the fest.
    From the makers of Breathe, Don't Look, Moments, Tailight, Hollow, and North.

    Now with Behind the Scenes.and screen grabs.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Actor!!!!!! Tom Marshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,237
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    I have to say I was very impressed with both Mike & Tim. They did a great job for me and this was a first film for both of them. I found them on Craigslist...damn, they wouldn't even let me buy them lunch on shoot days and both brought bag lunches! Then... they helped set-up and brakedown too. I will be working with them in the future. GREAT guys.
    They'll learn. Just give them time.
    Actor / Musician


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Marshall View Post
    They'll learn. Just give them time.
    Tom! LMAO....yeah, with my luck they'll both want trailers for the next film!


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Steve Strickland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    628
    Default
    Hey, ZaZa, good job on this one.

    The cinematography was well crafted. I liked the clever framing, use of shadows, rack focuses, etc. The color came across like an experiment that had it's moments, but didn't work for me the entire film. Otherwise, loved the movement of the camera. Well done!

    I also liked the acting here. You two leads did a fine job with the material, and that's a credit to you as director (and as the credits list, almost everything else too.)

    Unfortunately, I had to read through the thread to find out exactly happened. It makes sense now, and after another viewing, seems much clearer.

    Overall, a fine piece. With Enchanted and Twisted, I see the potential for some more really great work ahead. Congrats on getting two films in. It sometimes seems impossible to complete only one.


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie White View Post
    Hey, ZaZa, good job on this one.

    The cinematography was well crafted. I liked the clever framing, use of shadows, rack focuses, etc. The color came across like an experiment that had it's moments, but didn't work for me the entire film. Otherwise, loved the movement of the camera. Well done!

    I also liked the acting here. You two leads did a fine job with the material, and that's a credit to you as director (and as the credits list, almost everything else too.)

    Unfortunately, I had to read through the thread to find out exactly happened. It makes sense now, and after another viewing, seems much clearer.

    Overall, a fine piece. With Enchanted and Twisted, I see the potential for some more really great work ahead. Congrats on getting two films in. It sometimes seems impossible to complete only one.

    Thanks so much for taking the time to watch & comment...you have no idea how helpful this insight is! Cheers to you!


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Added the trailer I did way back when. Too bad we can't post these things earlier with our posters. It could be a lot of fun.

    I just wanted to test the new 24mm lens I just got...so I figured this might be fun.

    http://www.vimeo.com/1872647


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    If anyone is sitting around...stuffed with turkey and all the fixin's...and is bored with the football games...please take a moment to watch and comment on this film.

    I would consider it a personal favor.

    Happy Thanksgiving!


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Lawsuit_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kent, Ohio
    Posts
    1,444
    Default
    It's most certainly disorienting from the get-go. Kept me in my seat.

    First, I liked the two leads and felt that they were pretty good oppositions to one another. I also think the structure of the film works much like something along the lines of 21 Grams; the more we get from the present, the more we get from the past.

    But, I also think that the music used in the colder sequences felt just a little forced and too much, I guess.

    It's interesting the way the two characters set up as almost a socio-political-economical dimorphism, expressing different opinions of philosophy on their current situation and their milieu.

    It's not without flaws, but certainly intriguing.


    *Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ZazaCast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    8,085
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawsuit_Boy View Post
    It's most certainly disorienting from the get-go. Kept me in my seat.

    First, I liked the two leads and felt that they were pretty good oppositions to one another. I also think the structure of the film works much like something along the lines of 21 Grams; the more we get from the present, the more we get from the past.

    But, I also think that the music used in the colder sequences felt just a little forced and too much, I guess.

    It's interesting the way the two characters set up as almost a socio-political-economical dimorphism, expressing different opinions of philosophy on their current situation and their milieu.

    It's not without flaws, but certainly intriguing.
    Thanks! I think you were on the nose here. I was trying for a tribal, raw feel in the kidnap music...you know, the struggle, the fight, our animal brain. might have missed that mark.

    I appreciate you taking the time to watch & comment.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •