Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    About Friday Night...
    I just wanted to say I really enjoyed getting to meet many of you on Friday night, though I wish I'd had more time to just hang and chat. Since it was our first event like that none of us really knew how things would go so I found myself tethered to the computer most of the evening ... though it was fun being a link between the local/remote 'users'

All that said, it was a very fun evening and it was a pleasure to finally meet some of you face-to-face.

Definitely looking forward to something like this again in the future.

2. Collapse Details
    Thank you Larry for all the hard work...it is MOST appreciated!

3. Collapse Details
    Larry,

Over the last year I've come to really appreciate you through our PM conversations. It was such a pleasure to finally get to meet you in person. You remind me of SuperLuis the way you are so generous, self-effacing and willing to pitch in to make other people happy. My only regret is that I wasn't able to spend much time visiting with you. I do hope you consent to come next time a live screening is planned. I promise you we'll be better prepared and will make certain you don't get stuck behind the keyboard for the whole event either. You are a prince, sir!

4. Collapse Details
    I hope my initial post is not mis-understood. It was not meant as a complaint, simply an explanation.

I definitely will make my way down the next time such an even happens ... and yes, now with one under our belt we have the experience to better plan the event all the way around, though considering the brief amount of time we had to pull it together I think it went very well. But I, and I'm sure you, have ideas how to make it better next time.

I very much enjoy being able to help out whenever I can. And since my filmmaking skills aren't up to the level of most of you fine folks here at 'user' I have to find other ways to give back. Since I have a strong technical background it is a way I can repay this community for all I've learned here.

Anyway, it was great meeting you all and I look forward to future events.

5. Collapse Details
    I think you misunderstood my post, Larry. I didn't in the least think you had any complaints. I was just expressing that we felt we let you down by not freeing you up so we could have you schmooze with all the people there. As hosts of the event, we felt bad that you were in the corner behind the screen doing all the work! Next time, at least, we can have scantily clad beauties bringing you grapes and wafting fans over your head. ... Will that help?

6. Collapse Details
    No worries ... it was a new experience for all of us, we were shaking out the kinks and making things happen. I got to hang with Max (cool, very helpful guy) and the Penguin (I know he kept trying to sneak peeks when I was pulling up info on the final results ... that sneaky devil )

The grapes are good, but only if they are seedless. If I get a single seed, then I will turn the whole table, with computers over and set someone's car on fire!

It's all good man ... it was a great night and every one seemed to have a great time, including the crew that were experiencing the night vicariously through our web cast and chat thread.

7. Collapse Details
    Yes, It was great finally meeting all you guys.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic Filmworks
    Yes, It was great finally meeting all you guys.
    Oh crap. The fantasy of actually meeting a real DVXuser kicking in again.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair

9. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin ConspiracyPenguin's Avatar
    Larry is the man! I had the great honor of sitting next to him during the event. This guy is fantastic, always kind and willing to help. I had a question for him a couple of weeks ago about something I was trying to do that I couldn't figure out (usually I am pretty good with the technical stuff) and he pointed me in the right direction and now it works just fine. Thank you, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R View Post
    ...the Penguin (I know he kept trying to sneak peeks when I was pulling up info on the final results ... that sneaky devil )...
    Larry was communicating with all the people at home and I couldn't help yself but to read what everyone was saying. I kept hoping he didn't mind me staring over his shoulder at his laptop, I wish I had one in front of me. Then, when he pulled up the results, he told me not to look and I didn't (well, not all of them ) I told him after that he owed me for not looking and as I recall he responded with:

"Oh, I was just joking, I figured you would."

So, not only does Larry think I am a cheater but he also decided to say I was on the board when I clearly wasn't!

Larry, thank you for all of your hard work in the fests, on the webcast and everything else. I wish we had had more time to chat, but there is always next time. I am glad you made it down, it was great to finally meet you and everyone else!
    - Nick | My DVXuser Blog (This is a secret message).

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor365 View Post
    I, like most dvxusers, enjoy Penguin's company in the threads, and his refreshing attitude and humour.
    Also, because behind all the fun, the guy means biz and actually has a bit of talent...

10. Collapse Details
    HA HA ... yea, I told him not to look when I was pulling up the results to give to Jason and Barry, but I was totally kidding. What could he do at that point, other than maybe scream the results out across the room, at which point I'd have to tackle him and get Rogan to sit on him

Because all the lights were out I couldn't see to write, so I pulled the laptop screen down almost closed where I could bend down and still see the screen (with the results) and be able to see the paper to write the info out. When I handed the paper off and then raised the screen back up I realized Nick probably thought I did that to keep him from looking ... that's when I told him I was kidding and figured he would look (I know I would have if the role's were reversed).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast