Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DavisOsborne View Post
    not sure that anyone cares what an actor thinks......however, to Place in the competition is Nice, to Get to Love what you do and have others appreciate it......is Priceless)...congrats to all of you that set out to tell a story...and share your love of this art with the World.....davis
    Hey Davis... I know exactly where you're coming from... I, myself, am an actor... there's NOTHING else like it...
    Actor / Musician

2. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Rice View Post
    It's funny, because after watching your interview now I remember seeing you standing around all night, but not knowing who you were lol
    Yeah, well I will be back in town soon. The monsters have asked me to come help on a production at some point and I think we should all get together again then.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ConspiracyPenguin View Post
    Yeah, well I will be back in town soon. The monsters have asked me to come help on a production at some point and I think we should all get together again then.
    Sounds like a good plan to me... Maybe you could help on mine as well,if they land in the same time period.

Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

4. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Rice View Post
    Sounds like a good plan to me... Maybe you could help on mine as well,if they land in the same time period.

It would be a great honor. Does this mean you actually promise to finish one this time?

5. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    The films ratings changed and one film's rankings changed from round one to round two because there were more, i.e. additional, i.e. different, ratings to consider along with those already in place.

Ratings from round 1 were not changed / altered as has been stated many times. The sample size was just increased and films that had been viewed less got more views evening out their sample size to more closely match films that had tons of views.

If that causes a film to rate lower or higher ... well ain't that just life? You're getting a bigger sample foiks. You should be ... should be really stoked about that, not creating smoking guns whole cloth out of ... nothing really.

The change in ratings and the one change in ranking just worked out that way.

Dunno why this was even questioned. What's so out there about another random sampling having a SLIGHTLY different opinion.

This is the most accurate representation of what the members wanted / chose we've ever had. We've been doing this for 3 years on this scale and have (finally) put all of that experience into play for this system.

Sheesh.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

6. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel Stanley View Post
    Sheesh.
    Well said, Jack!

7. Collapse Details
    Another reason one films rating might fluctuate more than another's - that film had less views in round 1. 02 or RPDM will only have a few more views / ratings than they did in Round 1, because almost everyone had seen these "hits".

If your film was a "sleeper" - a great film that slowly gains a following, then you would have less views in round 1 and much more in round two. The percentage of new viewers for a Sleeper will be much larger than the percentage of new viewers for a Hit even though the hit may have more viewers total. But since the percentage of new data is much less for a hit than a sleeper you might see less fluctuation in round 2.

For the "hits" it's clearly a draw. For the "sleepers" it's good or bad for you personally depending on the opinion of the new viewers. But for the fest it's more fair because you have a larger sample.

Sorry to maybe stir something up in my last post, but been away from my computer, but given the available data - there's just not enough "discrepancy" here for something to smell fishy or like an error or to call the system as a whole into question whether you agree with the results or not.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel Stanley View Post
    Grumble grumble grumble...
    I sure am glad you're getting nice and cranky for your trip back to the East Coast

9. Collapse Details
    I'm back as of this morning - probably explains it.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456