1. Collapse Details
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8 on M2
    Question
    Hi,

I just purchased an M2 adapter for my DVX-100B and plan to purchase a 50mm Nikon lens, as well as a 20mm or 24mm. My question is if I purchase the f/1.8 instead of the f/1.4 on the 50mm (the f/1.4 is out of stock everywhere and I need the lens by this Friday), will it make a tremendous difference in light loss? I'm using the camera to shoot a short doc, mostly indoors, with a few outdoor settings.

I've read Timur's phenomenally informative post and those subsequent to it, which I found equally informative, and I believe it should be ok. However, since there's such a plethora of information available on this site, I feel more comfortable double checking.

Many thanks for your time and input.

a voice crying out in the wilderness ~ john 1:23

2. Collapse Details
    .4 is definitely no big deal at all. You will just lose a tad bid of depth and a tad and when I say a tad I mean a tad bit of light. And let me tell you 1.4 is a lot of depth all most to much depth. You should be fine with the 1.8 Good luck!
    Adam Gonzalez | www.AdamGonz.com |

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you, Adam! May I trouble you with one more question, please? Since I can only afford two lenses at present, do you have a recommendation as to whether I should purchase the 20mm or the 24mm? Someone posted that the 20mm distorts when it's wide open. Is that also true for the 24mm? Oops, that was two questions. ;-)

4. Collapse Details
    Keep the questions coming. Well it all depends on your subject and whether you are going to get that wide or need to get that wide? Are you the Director of Photography on the shoot? Also cost...think about it.

5. Collapse Details
    I'm way out of my element as I attempt to shoot this doc, as my area is writing/directing, but due to my limited budget, I am flying solo this time around. There will be a few shots of a neighborhood walk-thru, which is why someone recommended the 20 or 24. However, if you have another recommendation, I'm happy to hear it.

6. Collapse Details
    Well I havent worked much with 35mm Adapters. Not as much as I wish I could. I would imagine a 24 would be fine. Good luck!

7. Collapse Details
    Groovy, thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    i wouldn't go below a 28mm on an M2. If u do u will probably get vingetting.
    would recommend a 28 and a 50.

Quote Originally Posted by A Voice in the Wilderness View Post
    Thank you, Adam! May I trouble you with one more question, please? Since I can only afford two lenses at present, do you have a recommendation as to whether I should purchase the 20mm or the 24mm? Someone posted that the 20mm distorts when it's wide open. Is that also true for the 24mm? Oops, that was two questions. ;-)
    the cheaper 20mm will distort, the more exspensive ones wont. If u can do as much research as u can on a lense before u buy it. I've heard the 1.8 is a better lense than the 1.4, at 4-5.6. There are a bunch of reviews around. heres one.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/nikon-g...7594288609458/
    Spyfest Entry = "Check" ---- Hallowfest Entry = "The Circle" ---- Twilightfest Entry = "Hello Hello"

9. Collapse Details
    Thank you, Deedive!