1. Collapse Details
    HD and 24p Mutually Exclusive?
    Sorry if the answer is obvious. I want to shoot an indie film in the near future, possibly with a DVX100a. Several investment prospects have asked, "will it be high definition?" I want the film look of 24p for this narrative, fiction story, but are there HD levels of this film look? I guess I thought HD to be some interlaced format at very high resolution.

2. Collapse Details
    HD is a set of resolutions; it can be at any frame rate, including 24p. It can be progressive or interlaced.

However, the DVX100 doesn't shoot HD.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great training programs!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE

3. Collapse Details
    Got it, thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakle View Post
    Sorry if the answer is obvious. I want to shoot an indie film in the near future, possibly with a DVX100a. Several investment prospects have asked, "will it be high definition?" I want the film look of 24p for this narrative, fiction story, but are there HD levels of this film look? I guess I thought HD to be some interlaced format at very high resolution.
    Good luck - Also, I know some people who shot a Horror film on SD 24p, who had the film picked up by a distributor who wanted it up-rezzed to real HD and on Digital Betacam. This cost them @700 USD. You can tell your investors that's what you plan to do to save initial production costs.

5. Collapse Details
    Are you even going to get hd distribution or are they going back to dvd like most indie distributors do. So you shoot hd and go back to sd just because you can. HD is a word that most people do not even know what it means. The only reason to go hd is if it is going to be distributed in it, otherwise it's just guys with little you know whats, playing with their big cameras.