Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    THAT was great! I'm still laughing. Nice change of pace...and look ma no guns, F-Bombs or exploding heads! Technically, there were a few things as mentioned above, but nothing you didn't know about.

I could see you expanding on the idea and creating another Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Congratulations to the whole cast & crew on a job well done.

2. Collapse Details
    Knight of the Holy Order krestofre's Avatar
    You deserve bonus points for tackling musical. I can't imagine the extra challenge that presented.

I would say that for a musical, the music didn't really start soon enough for my tastes, or for the genre. In fact at one point I started questioning if "The Musical" in the title was just part of the joke. But the film took off when the music started. The song is pretty clever. Sync trailed a bit in some areas, but otherwise, it was fun.
    Chris Johnson

3. Collapse Details
    bwahahaha i love it. Just odd enough to be funny. I thought the acting at the begining/middle was spot on. The camera work in the later musical stuff was good too, felt like a strange take on Sound of Music.

Classic.
    Brad Crawford
    Strata Studios
    Japan/Canada

4. Collapse Details
    Hey,

Ballsy, ballsy move with this one. Unfortuately, I think it only half worked for me.

I liked: THe music, the singing is outstanding, the story is fun all the way through, the long takes worked and made the dancing around them and the compositions all the more impressive when they worked.

Not such a fan of: The color, the hand held stuff (aren't musicals beautifully composed, super-saturated crane/dolly/ shot craziness????), the acting when they weren't singing.

All in all, I liked your work here. The story is very very fun. Knowing it was a musical I would have liked to be into it as a musical earlier. But this was a very fun viewing and a bold attempt. Good work and can't wait to see more from you in the future.
    From the makers of Breathe, Don't Look, Moments, Tailight, Hollow, and North.

5. Collapse Details
    good for you, some really great comedic moments. I always have wanted to try something like this in a comedy. Family guy has done this a lot in the recent past.

I like the contradictions that are out of left field like the fact he really is from the future. Also the offbeat date is played well. Good job, keep em coming.

Jim

6. Collapse Details
    I was smiling the whole way through. A musical is definitely one of the hardest to produce I would think. Always wanted to do one after I saw this musical about a falafal stand and a (i think burger but it could be another ethnic food) stand a few years ago. I wished that the shots were cut up more but I can imagine how hard it was to get a long single shot with them without screw ups. Was this something you guys perform in a theater all the time? The song was great and fit the fest though. Just wondering.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Takeshi View Post
    Was this something you guys perform in a theater all the time?
    Haha no it was written just for this movie, although a lot of us do musical theatre. I wrote lyrics when I wrote the script and then met with my friend who I'd done a musical project with before. I gave him some ideas of how the song should flow and then he worked his magic. He also played all the instruments in the recording. And he played Chris, the awkward date guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    So how did you pull the playback on set? I am interested in finding that out.
    We used a boombox that worked off of batteries. Unfortunately, it wouldn't play a burned CD, so I had to get an FM adapter for an iPod and play the recorded song through the boombox's radio.

8. Collapse Details
    Very funny. I liked this.
    Connor Hair - Director|Cinematographer

www.ellipsistheory.com

9. Collapse Details
    I was with you till you dissed Stephen Hawking... DUDE WTF???!!!!

Rakesh Jacob : writer director cinematographer editor (wannabe auteur)
    www.vimeo.com/infopimps Check out some of my work
    www.youtube.com/ipimpstv Over 7.9mil views

10. Collapse Details
    haha the opening scene had me going already. good short and like how you chose to do a musical.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast