1. Collapse Details
    HD-100 image digital distortion
    I got the camera back from a rental, and it's messed up. It records to tape all warped like this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMjVlVPVAQk

... I tried a couple head cleanings and it hasn't improved it. Does anyone know what might be malfunctioning here? It only has about 200 drum hours on it.

Also, they toyed with the settings quite a bit and now it will not auto focus, even i Full Auto mode. Anyone know what setting they may have adjusted to cause this?
    The M and A switch option at the front of the camera's finger zoom is set to A so I can't figure what else it might be.

thx

2. Collapse Details
    That sounds really weird. You may want to ask around at DVinfo.net where there are a lot more active HD100 shooters. I hope you're camera is fixable and starts working again. Do you still have the deposit from the renters and their insurance info?
    Last edited by davide; 05-26-2008 at 01:32 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bbooze View Post
    Also, they toyed with the settings quite a bit and now it will not auto focus, even i Full Auto mode. Anyone know what setting they may have adjusted to cause this?
    The M and A switch option at the front of the camera's finger zoom is set to A so I can't figure what else it might be.

thx
    There is no auto focus on the JVC. The "A" and "M" are not for focus, but for auto or manual iris/aperture.

4. Collapse Details
    From your YouTube sample it looks like tape hits; I'm quite concerned that you're unable to fix this using head cleaning tapes!

There aren't any auto functions on this cam other than the Iris; the auto WB is nothing to write home about, however, the best thing about the Pro-HD series is their fully manual operability.
    Last edited by Evro; 05-28-2008 at 01:49 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    I sent the unit in for servicing today. I just noticed that someone put the tripod plate on all cockeyed, and a couple screws are missing, I think the renters must have dropped it. Hope it isn't anything major.

6. Collapse Details
    Was there a resolution to this? You get the camera back from service yet? Things happening to my JVC plague me with nightmares.