Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So, what's the next fest?
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    I figured it was about time we got one of these threads in this Fest forum...
    The Plinkett Equation:

TOS16 + TNG5 + DS94 + VOY11 + ENT 8
    __________________________________________________ = History is changing every 23 millionths of a second

F649 + Alp987 + Bet934 + Gam764 + Del837 * 100,000,000,000

2. Collapse Details
    Was thinking the same thing. Also, I won't be surprised if the next dvxuser Fest will include pursuit as part of the them. Maybe something like Horror Pursuit or something. That way they can leverage some of the scripts here into the next fest. Just a thought ;)

3. Collapse Details
    That's an interesting idea. There were so many good ones, it would be great to piggyback the fests this way.

Course, that may take away some of the thunder of having first place produced, and I'd hate to see that.

I'm sure there is a balance somewhere.

a
    Last edited by alex whitmer; 05-21-2008 at 12:56 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    A new subject might be a better idea. Give a new batch of stories to read/review/write.

5. Collapse Details
    I thought he meant the theme of pursuit would be the theme for the next film fest.

?

Alex

6. Collapse Details
    I think that's what was meant as well; that way ScriptFest entries this time, can become DVXFest entries the next time...

... although, we wouldn't want DVXFest to become predictable that way; half the fun is finding out what the new theme is going to be. Well, we're still about a month away from launching a new DVXFest so this is just something we can think about...

7. Collapse Details
    when I read "leverage some of the scripts" I got the impression it was suggested to re-use and revise some scripts for the next fest.

To use the script for the movie fest might be a good idea - if members united to make shorts...

8. Collapse Details
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    ... although, we wouldn't want DVXFest to become predictable that way; half the fun is finding out what the new theme is going to be.
    Heh, somehow I had a feeling you guys would say something like that , which is why I thought better of a suggestion to tightly integrate the fests in my first post. It would definitely change the nature of the movie Fests to have that kind of advanced warning, and from the looks of the things, the movie Fests seem to be working just the way you guys want them to already.

I wonder, though, given the way that the movie Fests have shifted from a genre to a broad theme if y'all couldn't sit down and scheme up a way to loosely tie a script Fest to a movie Fest, by making the themes compatible (but not identical). One problem I see with that is incompatibility in the number of pages; I don't know how I'd go about trying to cut my entry down to six pages (or so) for a six-minute Fest entry. ;)

Then again, it's probably not necessary. Maybe the important thing is just highlighting the fact that there are those of us here at DVX User who aren't ever going to pick up a camera and try to make a film, but are willing and hopefully seen as able to help out those who do.
    The Plinkett Equation:

TOS16 + TNG5 + DS94 + VOY11 + ENT 8
    __________________________________________________ = History is changing every 23 millionths of a second

F649 + Alp987 + Bet934 + Gam764 + Del837 * 100,000,000,000

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I meant using these scripts in the next film fest. Somehow integrating the theme of pursuit into the next film fest. Though I am not sure how it would work anyway. Just something to consider.

10. Collapse Details
    I have an idea for the next one, just need to figure out some guidelines stuff for next time around: Just some changes that will make it easier and help everyone get on the same page when it comes to script grammar, structure, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast