Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Great job Raptor!! The camera projection looked like a ton of work but it really paid off. I was wondering how you did that. Must have been a real pain painting the MiG out of that video as well.

Excellent entry, looking forward to seeing your next one, and maybe participate myself if the challenge isn't over my head.

Last edited by TowerFan; 05-17-2008 at 11:34 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Tower m'man.

The mig missile only took about an hour I think from end to end including editing. Maybe 1/2 hr to clone out. The beauty of that vid was the sky had fairly constant blues. No clouds or other problems so it was pretty easy. Still, you can see some discoloration in my missile render around mid way through.

Not sure what's next. I have a couple things on the go that has priority so I may have to pull out of the next fest. Depends what it is but hope to see some others get involved if they have time.

I asked my brother about shooting the next air show here, but he was saying since 911 they've almost shut down the shows for security reasons. Used to have one every year. Have you seen choppers do vertical loops? Whoa. But if they have one this year he's down for doing it.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

3. Collapse Details
    These breakdowns was really helpful, yea Raptor you pretty much smashed those VFX shots! are you self taught?

Rabbi Zidni 'Ilma {20:114} My Forum: The IT Ninja

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, just hackin away at it like everyone else. It's a hobby. Something to do to kill the time. I was into photography when I was a little kid, had a darkroom ready to build and was doing some simple VFX back then, but life kicks ya down a different road. Pretty cool at my age to have a chance to come back and play with this stuff.

//Sorry for sounding so...it's a hangover day folks. Onward and upward.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 05-17-2008 at 01:50 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

5. Collapse Details
    Great breakdown! thanks alot! It was great to be part of this fest
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

6. Collapse Details
    Hey Simon. s*%t someday I'll make it over there. My dad spent 3 months there working on aircraft before smacking a General and getting the boot.
    War stories and bars don't mix I guess. But he loved Germany. Never stopped playing German music on the record player after that.

So what's the next fest? Anyone even going to join? Or should we just pack it in?

7. Collapse Details
    I'm looking forward to the next one. Probably participate even if it is over my head. Paying projects are kinda slow right now so I'll have the time.

C'mon VFX III!!!!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor365 View Post
    Hey Simon. shi* someday I'll make it over there. My dad spent 3 months there working on aircraft before smacking a General and getting the boot.
    War stories and bars don't mix I guess. But he loved Germany. Never stopped playing German music on the record player after that.

So what's the next fest? Anyone even going to join? Or should we just pack it in?
    Cool story! You will always find a room to stay at our house if you want come over

Yeah, whats the next fest? I wanna join if I've got enough time
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

9. Collapse Details
    If I ever get over there, I'd look you up for sure. I have a standing offer for a free trip to Scotland and I have many cousins in Europe, so , maybe one of these days I'll get off my ass and have some real fun. I'd like to save up a little more cash for myself though before heading out and that could be awhile .
    ---

I've uploaded my city pan shot (from this fest) C4D project files if anyone wants to play around with it. I have no further use for them. I used C4D R10.1 to do it.

Click the file name and then the big blue arrow to download. Don't save target.

www.freedrive.com/folder/28088

Oh, Mark's really busy with the Timefest entry so maybe in a couple weeks this fest will get back going. He runs this on his own time (and Matt G., so that's cool. Whenever they wrap that up is cool.)

10. Collapse Details
    Man I say keep the VFX fest rolling, even if there are not many people yet, more people will come on board in due time,

I'm just dying to jump on BUT damn it my disseratation is holding me down, but in a months time when I get my coding over, things will be a little more chilled and I should be able to jump on board..

EDIT://

don't forget a ton of other people are learning from it, so its not just the people doing the VFX stuff!

Rabbi Zidni 'Ilma {20:114} My Forum: The IT Ninja

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast