1. Collapse Details
    Creating NEWS titles and graphics for video
    Question
    Hi, I am doing a short film and I was wondering how I create News graphics that look realistic. Is After Effects a good enough program to do this?

Here's an example of a fake one..

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/760

Now here's an example of an actual News Report, with moving background and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzzrPC-3xPM

Obviously, I would like it to look more like the real thing, so how do I go about doing this?

I'm looking to get a moving background, squares around the people when there is a 2 shot, and "breaking news, Live, etc" graphics.

Can someone please help direct me in the right direction? Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    You might want to check out some of the jump backs available from Digital Juice, that would save you time on the motion backgrounds, otherwise you could use something like particular for that.

As for the rest of it... motion graphics is a fairly large topic, so I would suggest you check out some after effect motion graphic tutorials (video copilot, creative cow, etc) then play around until you get the effect you're after.

But to answer your original question, yes absolutely AE is capable of it.

3. Collapse Details
    Will Digital Juice give me a more professional look as opposed to Motion or LiveType? I need to create Text with layers behind the text. But since I have After Effects, I guess I could use that since I have it, but I would like to find some plug ins or already made graphics to put behind "Breaking News" and "Live" Where would I find something like that?

4. Collapse Details
    Digital juice will provide you with profesional stock motion graphics to manipulate in your program of choice to create a profesional looking result. they're very flexible.

You can create it all in AE, AE can do anything, almost make you a cup of coffee, he he he.

But if you do not know the program so well, get the Digital Juice pre made stock motion graphics, and manipulate them to create what you are after.

- Derrick

5. Collapse Details
    http://www.makingitlookgreat.com/movies/movie2.html

This will tell you all you need to know

6. Collapse Details
    AE is a great program for this. I have used it for a lot of supers and some of the video effects.

Don't forget to light the talent properly. Poor lighting will be the first thing that jumps out, much more than crummy graphics.