Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    It IS a small part of a bigger idea. Truth be told, I was hoping to film this as a short in order to sell the idea of a larger project.

The nanobots need warmth and high oxygen to live, which forces humanity to flee to the high mountains to survive (which the last third of the future-film would deal with). I agree it could be made clearer.

Incidently, I thought I was soooo clever in coming up with the title which refers to the tops of frozen mountains as "islands" of civilization -- and then found out that it's old slang for Alaska! Doh!

2. Collapse Details
    I like the world you're creating, and I agree that this definitely feels like part of a larger piece.

One thing that stuck out is the age of your characters. I just thought that three characters in their twenties seemed young and a little arbitrary. I feel like if you make them older, and flesh them out so that they don't all fall into that general twenties category it could add a little weight to them. I just don't picture the character Amy, in her twenties and working in a laboratory.

I know you're trying to deal with characters representing different life philosophies, but from what I read and what's on the page that felt like an intellectual idea. I want to know their motivations.

I want to know more about this world, and I'm curious if you can take this world and create a short that exists outside of a larger work. Good work.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Isaac, good observations. In the feature-length story, they're past friends who have grown apart, and were forced together while running away from the plague -- hence the age similarity. There's two more characters which were removed from the short (they didn't really do anything for this scene).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12