Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I also just registered with the WGA East, my first one too. Feel's good. I have a quick question after registering the first time, does this make me a member now when the future registration will only be $12- dollars instead of $22-?

2. Collapse Details
    Uh...nope. If only it were that easy. You need writing credits in film and television. I'm not sure what the point system is, or how they count it.

3. Collapse Details
    Point system is pretty crazy.

http://www.wga.org/subpage_whoweare.aspx?id=84

4. Collapse Details
    so basically our scripts are registered but not us?

5. Collapse Details
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    Well, as I understand it, we are registered as the writers of our scripts, but we just don't become automatic WGA members just for registering one 10-page script for an Internet scriptwriting contest.

But, hey, look on the plus side--if you're not a WGA member, you don't have to go on strike when the current contract expires...
    The Plinkett Equation:

TOS16 + TNG5 + DS94 + VOY11 + ENT 8
    __________________________________________________ = History is changing every 23 millionths of a second

F649 + Alp987 + Bet934 + Gam764 + Del837 * 100,000,000,000

6. Collapse Details
    What about mailing a hard copy of the script to yourself and then not opening it? I had heard that that is the cheapest way to copyright something. The processing date that the Postal Service puts on the envelope counts as the mimimum earliest date on which you could have composed the script.

davide

7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Cryogenic Filmworks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davide View Post
    What about mailing a hard copy of the script to yourself and then not opening it? I had heard that that is the cheapest way to copyright something. The processing date that the Postal Service puts on the envelope counts as the mimimum earliest date on which you could have composed the script.

davide
    Been proven not to work. I mail a bunch of envelopes to myself. I see your script and like it. I change the title cover, put script in my envelope. Now I have your script in my envelope with and earlier postal stamp than yours. You loose.

Register with WGA to protect your script. (Some writers disagree with the following but to also qualify for monetary compensation you might also register with the copyright office).
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair // Bail Out

DVX100b / T3i / HMC150 / C100 / Atomos Ninja Blade
    50mm 1.8 / 24mm 2.8 / 18-55 5.6 / 75-300mm 5.6 / Rokinon Cine DS 85mm

8. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic Filmworks View Post
    Been proven not to work. I mail a bunch of envelopes to myself. I see your script and like it. I change the title cover, put script in my envelope. Now I have your script in my envelope with and earlier postal stamp than yours. You loose.
    Why you sneaky son of a ....

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12