Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Collapse Details
    1. Lenovo ThinkPads (T61, R61, X61, and X61 Tablet series)
    HTML Code:
    http://www.buy.com/prod/ibm-lenovo-thinkpad-r61-notebook-intel-core2duo-t7300-2ghz-2gb-ram/q/loc/101/217573743.html
    Just went on sale today at Buy.com! A nice deal actually after looking into it, this computer allows a second hard disk so you can handily dump to multiple drives at internal SATA speeds which in my experience is about 10min per 32gb P2 card. Also the extra drive slot is ejectable so you can quickly swap hard disks. The stock hard disk is a bit low capacity, also the ejectable second drive requires a special cartridge
    HTML Code:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811996024&cm_re=ultrabay-_-11-996-024-_-Product
    that you put the 2.5"x9.5mm drives(everything except the newish 1tb drives I think) into so this is a slight fixer-upper situation.

Personally I have been using a Toshiba Tecra A9 for over two years now that has a built in PCMCIA slot, I can dump P2 fast to my onboard hard disk but getting it out is always slow unless I can get myself to a GB ethernet connection. Otherwise USB2.0 is terribly slow at about 29min per 32gb card, and if I get an expansion USB3.0 or Firewire800 card, then I can't dump straight from a P2 card anyway.

I shopped the G4 Macbook with the PCMCIA slot built into it, which is actually pretty similar in price, and its fantastic in my opinion because it has a Firewire800 slot built into it, but I don't know how to dump footage for PC editors out there. Admittedly I haven't researched much into "how to make PC drives work on a Mac" so if you can enlighten me, please do. From a PC standpoint, I bought Macdrive
    HTML Code:
    http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive
    and it allows my PC to utilize any Mac drives on a PC as well as format a PC drive into native Mac formats. Before you tell me thats the solution for the previously mentioned problem, keep in mind I don't like asking my clients to go purchase additional software, even if it is cheap as dirt, phenomenal, and essential.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone!

2. Collapse Details
    I just borrowed a HVX 200a and I'm trying to download the p2 cards on an ancient PowerBook g4 that has a PCMCIA slot. I'm running OS 10.4.11 and it only has 1 GHz memory. I tried downloading the P2 drivers from Panasonic but it doesn't show up in my Applications after going through all the steps. Is my computer our of the specs for the program? I tried to pay attention to all of the choices for drivers and think I got the right one. Using 16GB cards - and I can see the files in the folders.

I'm not wild about using the USB cable because I want to keep shooting on card B while download card A. Ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thank you.

3. Collapse Details
    Hi guys,
    I'm hoping you can tell me if this laptop can handle 1080 playback and AE CS5.5.
    Display 15.6" Full HD LED-Backlit Display with Super Glossy Surface (1920 x 1080) [$50.00]
    Video & Graphics Card 1GB GDDR3 Nvidia GeForce GT 540M GPU withOptimus Technology / Embedded Intel HD Graphics
    CPU Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2430M Processor ( 3MB L3 Cache, 2.40GHz)
    Thermal Compound Stock Standard Thermal Compound
    Operating System Genuine MS Windows® 7 Home Premium 32/64-Bit Edition ( 64-Bit Preloaded )
    Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 X 4GB [$50.00]
    Primary Hard Disk Drive 750GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive [$50.00]
    Optical Drive Bay — Optical Drive or Hard Disk Drive in Optical Drive Bay with Caddy case 8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software
    Wireless Network Card Internal 802.11 B+G+N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo Module
    Primary Battery Smart Li-ION Battery Pack
    Here is the site the laptop is from : http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...el_name=NP5160
    Last edited by NewUserHVX200; 12-13-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: needed to add info

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516