Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    That's why I think Raylight is so nice. You work off the MXF files.

Wish Apple would get with it and allow FCP to use MXF files directly but until then Raylight is the way to go.
    --==Kevin==--
    Kevin J Railsback
    Silver Phoenix,LLC
    Filmmaking Naturally

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, Raylight is very nice and Apple has to allow FCP to use MXF files directly, no doubt, it's so non sense to create another file for each clip. But I still don't know what happening with FCP for those clips.
    "You can learn more from looking at a shadow than you can by looking at the light. You can tell the direction, the softness, the intensity, and the fill-to-key ratio by looking into the shadows... Shadow is what gives you contrast and contrast is what gives you shape and drama." W.R.

3. Collapse Details
    the problem is the "remove advanced pulldown duplicate frames" box. you should never have this checked, ever. it is buggy and sometimes screws your footage, sometimes not. better to import all frames and deal with it later. you can do advanced pulldown removal or reverse telecine or whatever after import.

i did the same workflow once when i first started working with the hvx and i got clips that were perfect mixed with clips that were odd framerates and unusable all within the same import. luckily i noticed before wiping the card and was able to remedy.

as for raylight, i agree that it is convenient. but, when your project goes to different editors at different stages of post as many of mine do, things go much smoother if the clips have been converted to Qt so everyone can play...
    "There is no forest. There are no trees."

Cinematography Reel on Vimeo

www.fisherfilmworks.com

4. Collapse Details
    Hi cheezweezl,

The "remove advanced pulldown duplicate frames" box was not checked and I always keep the original MXF files on an external hard drive. I double check after and it was not checked, also I tried to import again in FCP and the same strange speed for those clips. I don't know what is the problem with those clips, but they are ok with Raylight.
    "You can learn more from looking at a shadow than you can by looking at the light. You can tell the direction, the softness, the intensity, and the fill-to-key ratio by looking into the shadows... Shadow is what gives you contrast and contrast is what gives you shape and drama." W.R.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123