1. Collapse Details
    salvaging corrupt footage?
    I have 3 files from a shoot I did that are corrupt and won't be recognized by FCP's log and transfer.

I checked them out on P2 Log and found that the video is still present. But the P2 log repair function does nothing to the clip when I try to fix it. How can I salvage this footage? Are there other utilities out there?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyhayward View Post
    I have 3 files from a shoot I did that are corrupt and won't be recognized by FCP's log and transfer.

I checked them out on P2 Log and found that the video is still present. But the P2 log repair function does nothing to the clip when I try to fix it. How can I salvage this footage? Are there other utilities out there?

Try using P2 Contents Manager to see if it can salvage, and if not, try to write them back to a P2 Card and have the camera try and do a repair clip.

How did you transfer these to the computer? HD Log?

Good Luck,

Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyhayward View Post
    Okay, first things first: is the footage corrupt? Or is FCP just bugged again?

If P2 Log says there's nothing wrong with the footage, then it's probably true that there's nothing wrong, and the stupid buggy FCP import window is hosing you again. Why not just use P2 Log to export the clip?

Does the clip play in P2CMS? If so, then there's nothing wrong with it. Does it play in the camera? If so, then there's nothing wrong with it, and you have yet another case of an Apple bug causing people to think there's something wrong with their perfectly good footage.

Of course, if P2 Log won't play or export a quicktime movie from that clip then perhaps there is something actually wrong with it. But don't just assume there is because Apple's buggy utility doesn't work with it!

I recommend to everyone to ditch Apple's Log & Transfer, and use Raylight instead (www.dvfilm.com/raylight/mac). It imports every single P2 clip there could be, without the infrequent but irritating bug that Apple's import utility seems to always have.